Unlimited access >

Westminster Dog show is on!

Yes! She really deserved that Group 2! They looked fantastic. Such a great day for the breed, and the breeder/handler is really amazing to watch in the ring. (And a really nice guy too!)

And my brag: My dog is her grandsire. :slight_smile: His daughter was Select Bitch as well (same breeder).

2 Likes

Yes, she will certainly be one to watch in the future. I envision a brilliant show career for her!

I donā€™t know that it is the goal; she is about to be bred and it was touch and go timing wise for Westminster but she hasnā€™t come into season yet! Thatā€™s why itā€™s more common to see males in the show ring; this bitch had a litter a year ago and hoping for a 2nd this yearā€¦but sheā€™s 5. Itā€™s a short career for a breeding bitch ā€“ finish the championship, get health testedā€¦breeding and raising puppies, then back into condition to show or trial in the fieldā€¦itā€™s really hard.

I expect we will see her again but her greatest contribution might be through puppies. :slight_smile: If this litter is successful they will be very near me so I will have the opportunity to see the puppies a lot.

1 Like

Iā€™ve had two Brits- a liver and an orangie one. Loved them both. They are buried on my farm :disappointed_relieved:

Iā€™ve had a few ESSā€™s, and I have one now. Love them!

1 Like