Unlimited access >

Westminster Dog show is on!

FS1 today and tomorrow. They are going to show some breed judging tomorrow.

3 Likes

I believe you can watch all the breed judging on the app. I just downloaded so I haven’t tried it yet. Judging doesn’t start until 9am.

Here are the breed results/catalogs.

https://www.westminsterkennelclub.org/breed-results/

Here’s a link to the judging program:

My breed is in the ring at 11:30 so hoping to watch that live. One of my dog’s offspring will be showing, as well the breeder (showing a different dog) and several others I know well. I don’t think they are allowing any spectators, which is really too bad. It’s not far from me; I would have loved to go watch in person.

1 Like

I was stuck inside yesterday afternoon wrestling with a project for work and was able to watch on Fox Sports in between sprints of coding, validating and generating help systems (I’m a technical writer/information developer). They showed a minute or two of final BoB judging of different breeds in Hound, Toy, Non-Sporting, and Herding Groups and then covered the Group judging for those breeds last night. Today will be Sporting, Working, and Terrier breed judging and then those Groups and Best in Show tonight.

BIS is going to be tough - Wasabi (Pekinese), Mathew (French Bulldog), Bourbon (Whippet) and that super Old English Sheepdog, plus today’s Group winners. At the moment, I’m routing for Bourbon - she had puppies not too long ago and came out of retirement to do this show (supposedly her last All Breed show). She is a fantastic specimen of her breed, but so are the other group winners.

2 Likes

Go Bourbon!! :blush::blush:

She is my Whippet puppy’s “aunt” - so of course I’m rooting for her (even moreso after her recent litter - and the fact that she will go into retirement after this. :heart::heart:)

4 Likes

I grew up with my mother having show dogs so I’m not exactly a novice when it comes to judging dogs. It’s ridiculous how often the same breeds win BIS. I stopped watching several years ago.

Well, WKC is just one show…the winner of WKC isn’t representative of all dog shows.

My breeder won the breed with his bitch today. Sooo excited for them! She’s beautiful and he just showed her perfectly. I can’t wait to watch tonight!

1 Like

My agility trainer had two of her Aussies in the 16" Agility division. I watched the preliminaries on Friday and she unfortunately had an error with each dog. The first one was super fast, and headed into the wrong end of the tunnel once. She stopped her before she entered it and sent her to the other end, but it still showed as a 4 point error. The second dog hit the table too fast for the down/stay and slid right off the other side. I’m assuming that kept them both out of the finals, but I haven’t checked. All of the video was available for free on the Westminster site.

looks like it has been bumped for auto racing. NOT TOO COOL. Supposed to be on after midnight, but I can’t believe they are doing that.
I just ran thru all my channels, and it will be on local FOX station, so it isn’t even on cable!

Are you sure? I find it hard to believe they won’t televise as scheduled?:

• 1:00pm - 4:00pm telecast LIVE on FS2 select coverage of Breed Judging and Junior Showmanship Preliminaries. Will also be streaming live for subscribers of the FOX NOW App and FOX Sports App.
  • 7:00pm - 7:30pm telecast LIVE on FS1 Pre-Show Programming
  • 7:30pm - 11:00pm telecast LIVE on FS1 Group Judging (Hound, Toy, Non-Sporting, and Herding Groups). Will also be streaming live for subscribers of the FOX NOW App and FOX Sports App.

I don’t know if I even have FS1…guess I’ll have to check.

no I checked again and it is on fox non cable, then rerun on FS1 after midnight. But I swear it was listed last night as being on FS1

Hmm this is what the Fox Channel says:

Sunday, June 13 Breed Judging (Sporting, Working, Terrier), Junior Showmanship Preliminaries, Masters Obedience Championship 9:00 AM-4:30 PM FOX Sports app and WestminsterKennelClub.org
Breed Judging 1:30-4:00 PM FS1
Pre-Show Programming 7:00-7:30 PM FOX
Group Judging and

Best in Show|7:30-11:00 PM|FOX|

So it seems like groups will be live on Fox. Breed judging is never really televised normally but the Westminster app worked well.

The breed judging videos are available on the WKC website - at least the ones that were earlier today are available to watch.

yeah I have never seen breed judging on tv before. Right now I am watching US gymnastics and will switch over at 7 central

I have it on while doing other things (like posting about it). The one commentator who says “um” quite often is really annoying.

If I get another dog in the future, I’m considering a Toy Fox Terrier. The Toy Manchester Terrier is gorgeous as well. I just love the sleek outlines and long necks of those dogs.

Very cool! And Auntie went reserve BIS - two years in a row! I hope she enjoys her well-deserved retirement!

1 Like

Re: Scheduling - my listings originally said it would be on FS1 one day and FS2 the second day. But they ran it on the same Fox Sport channel both days, then moved it to the main Fox Network channel for Groups and BIS last night.

I was hoping Dazzle would win BoB for Welsh Terriers and do well in the Group since he has had such a “dazzling” show career, but that’s dog shows. He got beat by a hot up-and-comer bred, owned and handled by maybe the best Terrier groomer and handler in the business these days.

Agree. I am kind of tired of seeing the endless stream of Wire Fox Terriers, Poodles, and now Pekinese go BIS. I ended up being torn between the Whippet and Samoyed (spectacular dog!). But that GSP was really nice, too!

4 Likes

What a nice Brittany! Congrats to all her connections!

1 Like

Completely agree with all of this. :wink:

I was pulling for the Samoyed or the GSP. I know the judge gets to lift the Peke, but I see nothing but hair. I personally don’t care for the tiny dogs as much as at least medium-sized ones.

3 Likes