Unlimited access >

What barn name would you pick for this horse?!

Sooo, I am finally living out the dreams of my 8 year old self and got my first horse. I decided to do a long term free lease before actually buying to decide how much I want to financially commit to this, and I’m super excited.

She’s a 16h bay TB mare, and her name is Neshama (knee-shah-ma). I like her name a lot but its a mouthful so I’m trying to come up with something short and cute to call her by when not using her full name. Her name is Hebrew for essentially “soul” or “spirit”, and according to various answers around the web it’s used as a pet name like calling somebody “darling”. The term “Neshama sheli” is like calling somebody “my soul” as in “you are important to my soul”. Super cute right!?

So far I’ve just been calling her her full name or shortening it to Neesh. If I’m going to call her something else I either want it to be derived from “Neshama” or have a similar meaning of “soul/spirit” or something shorter that is also Hebrew. However I’m open to really any suggestions!!

???

Congratulations! And I think you are very smart starting with a lease situation.

I love her name—just beautiful. I would probably call her “Shama.”

After you spend some time with her you will find an endearing word for her and it will stick.

I’d probably go with Shama

I’d probably just end up with Neesha.

SANGRIA!! because sangrias are my soul.

How about ‘Spirit’? ‘Sha-Sha’? ‘Nee’?

Congrats! So very exciting to get your own horse!

How about Nee-Nee? Or Neshi (Nee-she)? Shaila? Nay-Nay (which sounds like neigh-neigh, equal parts cheesy and cute??)

[QUOTE=minnieog;8712590]
The term “Neshama sheli” is like calling somebody “my soul” as in “you are important to my soul”. Super cute right!?[/QUOTE]

Shelley.

Shaman. The word is used for healers/spiritualists of either sex. Or you could call her Kahuna which would totally confuse a lot of people.