Unlimited access >

What do the forums mean to you?

Have the forums played a big role in your life? The Chronicle would like to know what the forums mean to you. Have you made any special connections, created decade-long friendships or met anyone in real life?

Share below, or you can email Kimberly at kloushin@coth.com.

1 Like

Thanks for the opportunity to share Mod 3!

I mostly lurk. Reading various posts on such a wide range of topics is a great tool. Remembering that there is a whole world out there beyond your doorstep is important and this medium helps that. The CoTH collective is a wonderful resouce for simply things like “what do you do with jam/jelly” from a post in the off topic section the other day, to working out a problem with a troubled; horse, cat, dog etc be it a medical issue, training issue or just needing a name for a new family member. Knowing that someone else has experienced what you are trying to naviage is a valuable tool.

Reading the forums has helped me be a better person by hearing other experinces and learning from their life lessons.

We have all laughed together and cried together. I truly enjoy the community here.

5 Likes

I second what Munch said. Well said Munchingonhay!

As well as being a resource, which I often source, not always as a direct question but more often I search what has already been asked, often that is enough, there are times I simply come here to read, get a glimpse into another lifestyle or concerns and go away at mimimum lifted out of my own puddle.

2 Likes

What they said. Hearing other’s experiences has saved my sanity more than once. Especially in the past two years!

2 Likes

The forums let me “keep my hand in” while real life was dishing out changes. I was out of horses for nearly 7 years (after 35 years in, 7 year gap, and now another 7 years in). It’s jarring to lose that connection, but luckily, the forums provided a touchstone that helped me during that time.

2 Likes

The forums were great until you started carrying “current events” content.

3 Likes