Unlimited access >

What do you all think of my horse?

Hi everyone!

Just wondering what you all think of my horse Nibbles just by looking at his bloodlines and pictures. He’s a 14 yo OTTB who came off the track as a 7yo by Sadler’s Wells out of Illusory (King’s Lake x Bold Fantasy)

How far do you think he could have gone as a sport horse?
Pictures: http://s1209.photobucket.com/user/nibleynabbles/library/horses

Thank you in advance for all your input! :smiley:

He WAS a sporthorse! Racing is a sport, after all and if he was racing till he was 7 yrs old and retired even partially sound he did far better than most.

As far as what he would have done as a jumper, hunter or dressage horse…there is simply no way of telling…it’s truly impossible to predict. WAY too many variables.

What do you do with him now?

Nice pedigree. I know it doesn’t make much sense, but I like to see all three of the foundation sire lines on the first page, and your horse fits the bill. He squeaks in for Matchem through Geisha and Miss Disco’s sire. If your horse is Illustrator, he was G1 placed. To me that means that he is very athletic and would probably have made a good sport horse, particularly for eventing.

He’s a lovely boy with lots of VERY good jumping lines and Forli for movement. He’s even got Elf’s son Nimbus way in the back.

http://www.pedigreequery.com/index.php?query_type=horse&search_bar=horse&h=ILLUSTRATOR&g=5&p=0&f=1&l=

[QUOTE=Kyzteke;7556476]
He WAS a sporthorse! Racing is a sport, after all and if he was racing till he was 7 yrs old and retired even partially sound he did far better than most.

As far as what he would have done as a jumper, hunter or dressage horse…there is simply no way of telling…it’s truly impossible to predict. WAY too many variables.

What do you do with him now?[/QUOTE]

Yes you are quite right! I didn’t mean to say that racing isn’t a sport, I should have said in terms of equestrian sport haha.

We’ve previously competed at CIC* eventing, but due to limited opportunities to event where we are, we are now focusing more on showjumping. We’ve started to compete up to 130cm this season and he jumped his first clear at 130 on Sunday. (Actually it was my first clear too!)

[QUOTE=vineyridge;7556647]
Nice pedigree. I know it doesn’t make much sense, but I like to see all three of the foundation sire lines on the first page, and your horse fits the bill. He squeaks in for Matchem through Geisha’s sire. If your horse is Illustrator, he was G1 placed. To me that means that he is very athletic and would probably have made a good sport horse, particularly for eventing.

He’s a lovely boy with lots of VERY good jumping lines and Forli for movement. He’s even got Elf’s son Nimbus way in the back.[/QUOTE]

That’s good to hear! He was formerly known as illustrator and was renamed to Noble Boss after being sold to another owner to race in Hong Kong.
He’s only a little boy standing at 15hands but yes, he does jump very well with plenty of scope!

Sounds like you are doing exactly what he will do best in sport! He’s obviously a very tough, athletic guy…the best of what the TB breed has to offer. Don’t worry about his height…it’s the heart that counts.

[QUOTE=Kyzteke;7558092]
Sounds like you are doing exactly what he will do best in sport! He’s obviously a very tough, athletic guy…the best of what the TB breed has to offer. Don’t worry about his height…it’s the heart that counts.[/QUOTE]

Yup! He always gives his best and really enjoys his job. TBs are such fighters and always try to impress… Which is why I love them!

NIBBLES! i love him. and his name. :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=Buttonwillow;7558660]
NIBBLES! i love him. and his name. :)[/QUOTE]

Nibbles is his stable name haha. His full (racing) name is Noble Boss :slight_smile: