Unlimited access >

What do you expect from this pedigree? Fergar Mail - Stakkato

I know there´s a mother too but what would you guess/expect the offspring of this stallion to come out like (looks/performancewise and so on):

Stallion X
by Fergar Mail (Laudanum xx - Almé Z - Gotthard) –
Stakkato - Landadel - Grannus.

[QUOTE=LucyShow;7093038]
I know there´s a mother too but what would you guess/expect the offspring of this stallion to come out like (looks/performancewise and so on):

Stallion X
by Fergar Mail (Laudanum xx - Almé Z - Gotthard) –
Stakkato - Landadel - Grannus.[/QUOTE]

Noone? Fergar Mail also goes under the name Chapultepec. LaSilla.

A serious jumper? :slight_smile:

Here is a good example of what to expect (maybe you are talking about him?)

Singular LS La Silla (Chapultepec La Silla x Stakkato x Landadel)

rider: Marcus Ehning

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tpo23EO9lnc
http://www.blup.se/images/horses/226601_01.jpg

Chapultepec has been a very important stallion that has left a great legacy at La Silla. Some of his approved sons are Cantarel LS (with Levisto Z mother), Chairman LS, Corfu LS, Manzanillo LS, etc. He also is a very good dam producer. I have seen some of his offspring here in Mexico and at La Silla. Not always the prettiest horses, but they can really jump.

Of Singular I know he is a great promise for La Silla, and they are amazed with his jumping technique and scope. He really is something special.

[QUOTE=is_V;7096521]
Here is a good example of what to expect (maybe you are talking about him?)

Singular LS La Silla (Chapultepec La Silla x Stakkato x Landadel)

rider: Marcus Ehning

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tpo23EO9lnc
http://www.blup.se/images/horses/226601_01.jpg

Chapultepec has been a very important stallion that has left a great legacy at La Silla. Some of his approved sons are Cantarel LS (with Levisto Z mother), Chairman LS, Corfu LS, Manzanillo LS, etc. He also is a very good dam producer. I have seen some of his offspring here in Mexico and at La Silla. Not always the prettiest horses, but they can really jump.

Of Singular I know he is a great promise for La Silla, and they are amazed with his jumping technique and scope. He really is something special.[/QUOTE]

Yes I was talking about Singular. Or his possible offspring to be exact. Since I know nothing of his mareline and have found nothing else with that combination I wanted to know of the bloodline gurus what to expect and what traps not to fall in. Thanks for the info so far!

He wasn´t approved in Sweden when they tried, I believe it had to do with type, but since they don´t disclose that here I´m not 100% sure. According to interview with owner they have or will try in Germany instead (which verband I don´t know, have sent email to owner and asked).

He jumped absolutely fabulous in Falsterbo with Marcus E.

One would suppose that since he is all Hanoverian except for the very top line, they would present him to the Hannoverian Verband under the new rules for performance stallions. And one would think that the Hannoverian Verband would be delighted to have him, since they are trying to bring back jumping as a strength of their horses.

1 Like

I have a Chapultepec at my farm, the only thing I was surprised about is the height and the TB build. This Chapultepec is 18.2, all leg, and very, very narrow in build. The dam is an older style Argentinus/Grundenstein mare, but he is a good four inches taller and half her width. First and sadly last baby from this mare so I cannot comment otherwise on what she throws. He does have an extraordinarily exceptional brain, but not very correct/straight front legs which have given him problems (dam is very correct and still sound and jumping at 19). I also have another Laudanum grandson (through Du Gateau) born this year with an equally tall build and excellent brain.

Chapultepec by Laudanum out of Adoret (Z) is a full sister to Elvira Mail, one of the best broodmares in the world. She is the dam of both Katchina Mail (FR WEG and reserve FEI World Cup) and Jaguar Mail (SW Beijing Olympics). Her other full sibling is Chergar Mail, who also competed Grand Prix.

You should certainly expect a jumper!

[QUOTE=M. O’Connor;7100309]
Chapultepec by Laudanum out of Adoret (Z) is a full sister to Elvira Mail, one of the best broodmares in the world. She is the dam of both Katchina Mail (FR WEG and reserve FEI World Cup) and Jaguar Mail (SW Beijing Olympics). Her other full sibling is Chergar Mail, who also competed Grand Prix.

You should certainly expect a jumper![/QUOTE]

That´s what I´m hoping :wink:

I´m wondering though if the way Singular jumps (very athletic, quick from the ground, super hindlegs) is a one time off. I don´t see copypaste/similarities with the ones you mentioned even if they are super jumpers.

Do you know anything of the mareline behind Singulars other side?

I’d say you’d get a great jumper! I have a 4 yr old Stakkato grandson (mines out of Salito), and his jump is phenominal, as is his canter, trot etc. Good good mind, easy temperment, natually very balanced. Just an all around great guy! Love him and am now a huge fan of Stakkato’s. Sadly he’s off for 6 months or so with an injury but we are anticipating a full recovery. Actually, the temperment went a long way into having such a good outcome. Can’t recommend them enough!

I have this lineage in my paddock right now.
2017 Fergar Mail out of Shut Up by Stakkato.
He competed in the USHJA Young Jumper Championships in 2023 as a 6 Year Old (1.30m)!

He was clear in the first two Qualifiers for the Final. The following month learned how to do the hunters and was Top 12 in three National Derbys. He’s back doing 1.25-1.30m right now. He’ll do his first International Derby next month.
He’s 17.2+h, hot, and a lot of horse. Very keen and loves his job, however he’s very sensitive. Amazingly confident for his age. He’s my absolute favorite to ride, but he keeps me on my toes. I’d take another just like him in a heartbeat.

5 Likes

My goodness he is HUGE or maybe you are also quite petite but what a hunk! And the look on your face…so much fun!

1 Like

He is a big man! But I definitely make him look bigger. LOL! I’m 5’3", 105lbs. He is sooo much!

4 Likes