Unlimited access >

What does an AQHA suspension mean anyway?

posted here, hoping there would be more AQHA people lurking than in the english forums.

What exactly does a suspension mean? Have seen a couple of big name trainers suspended for excessive spurring etc, but yet, they are at the next horseshow…

1 Like

They get suspended for a certain amount of time. If you get the QH Journal they list the suspension - infractions - penalty in the back of the mag. The suspension may only be for 30 days so they’re able to show shortly after. Also suspensions make be for a period of time already passed.

This made me giggle. We are suspending you for six months…the last six months.

6 Likes

the people I am curious about we still under suspension according to the journal…

Was this brought up to the show manager while at the show?

1 Like

You have to actually bring it up for it to be enforced. And there’s a lot of shady shit like “well, I can train the horses at home as long as I don’t actually show in the pen”.

Kind of like how Shirley Roth is suspended from both the NSBA and AQHA from her abuse of Kissin the Girls back in 2012, but still has a barn full of training horses. :woman_shrugging:

Current AQHA suspension list: https://www.aqha.com/documents/82601/1589238/FULL+SUSPENSIONS.pdf/686730fb-a622-3689-2bca-3bffc91bc3b9?t=1611265726065

Current NSBA suspension list:

Facebook page where as recently as September clients are thanking her for her training: https://www.facebook.com/Shirleyrothshowhorse

1 Like

You have to actually bring it up for it to be enforced. And there’s a lot of shady shit like “well, I can train the horses at home as long as I don’t actually show in the pen”.

Kind of like how Shirley Roth is suspended from both the NSBA and AQHA from her abuse of Kissin the Girls back in 2012, but still has a barn full of training horses. :woman_shrugging:

Current AQHA suspension list: https://www.aqha.com/documents/82601/1589238/FULL+SUSPENSIONS.pdf/686730fb-a622-3689-2bca-3bffc91bc3b9?t=1611265726065

Current NSBA suspension list:

National Snaffle Bit Association

Suspensions - National Snaffle Bit Association

NSBA Suspended PersonsBerk, Karen; Ocala, FLBost, Elizabeth; Concord, NC

Facebook page where as recently as September clients are thanking her for her training: https://www.facebook.com/Shirleyrothshowhorse

Blockquote

This is what was happening. was brought up to steward, but response was that particular indidvidual wasn’t showing, so there was nothing they could do. They were sure the hell out there in the warm up ring though…

@appendix100, it might be best to send an email to AQHA and ask them what you as a member should do in this situation in the future (when you see someone at a show that you know is suspended and the show steward does nothing about it).

1 Like

Aren’t they excluded from the grounds during suspension? Plus the person they were schooling was in violation.

So, I looked up the rulebook - page 51, section VI0655: https://www.aqha.com/documents/82601/parentFolderId/2021%20AQHA%20Rulebook/9af60de4-b7b6-745b-072f-f5c26d3853ff

VIO655. EFFECT OF SUSPENSION ON PRIVILEGES IN
AQHA-APPROVED EVENTS: On or after such time as any person has been denied participation privileges in AQHA-approved
events, but his membership privileges are not affected, the following
restrictions shall apply:
VIO655.1 That person shall not be eligible to participate in any
AQHA-approved event;
VIO655.2 Horses that are recorded in the name of such person,
or owned in whole or in part by such person, are not eligible to
participate in any AQHA-approved event;
VIO655.3 That person shall not be eligible to hold approved
judges credentials or any other AQHA accreditation.
VIO656. During the period of denial of AQHA privileges, failure to
comply with these restrictions and any other express conditions or
restrictions of said disciplinary action may constitute grounds for
further disciplinary action.
VIO657. If denial or revocation of show privileges includes denial of
access or presence on show grounds, the person shall refrain from
entry or presence on show grounds of any AQHA-approved show
grounds during the term of his or her suspension. Failure to comply
with such restriction may result in (1) further disciplinary action
against such person and (2) disqualification of exhibitors and horses
that such person helped prepare for the show or assisted at the show.

Now, how you can tell if denial or revocation of presence on show grounds is included or not is a question for someone much higher than me. But I’d raise a stink; it’s the only way to get this to stop happening.

2 Likes

You just contact either the show manager or AQHA.

1 Like

I’m not sure who we are referring to as the suspended person in this thread, but if it is the trainer whose suspension started in December, their suspension does NOT include a denial of
access or presence on show grounds. They are free to ride and/or coach in the warm up pen and show steward can not do anything about them simply being on the grounds, or even riding if they are acting and training appropriately on the ground.