Unlimited access >

what is your horse getting for Christmas?

Oh…I forgot…Popov is also getting a 3 month, all expense paid, trip to Middleburg VA for the winter

for my aged schoolmaster, a clip job and a new work ethic for my other schoolmaster, my colt got gelded, and my mare got a great home.

Body clipped
Lots O’ treats
his saddle pads monogrammed
and…ugh…
a stall toy!

I’m in envy, will you all please stop talking about how it’s cold?

I already bought Elliot the most wonderful, merino wool half pad.

But I really want to take the leap and buy him a thick, luxurious full black tail piece
His tail is almost non existant, poor baby.

Well, so far Dixie knows of the new sheet and blanket as I had to make sure they fit her. Like she needs them. It is over 60 today in Upstate New York…what is up with that?

On order-new halter w/matching lead and saddle pad.

I also have a week off from work and my trainer is letting me bring her to his barn for that week Woho-riding indoors! Probably not a gift Dixie will like-but her cookie intake will increase from the lesson kids

Deb413

Trixie gets Christmas every day!!! LOL. She’s so spoiled!
Seriously,
I am making her and all of her buddies at the barn lots of horse cookies, Pepermint Life Savers, the usual tons of carrots and apples, and if she’s really good, Santa might get her favorite…a bottle of red Gatorade (yes my horse is a weirdo!!)
Grandma,(my mom, who hates being called grandma) already got her a new pair of b-eau-ti-ful leather ankle boots and has a set of halter antlers on the way from Dover! (it is really amazing that she puts up with me!!)

My Gramento got his Christmas present early and it’s looks gorgeous!! It’s a Hadfield’s over-sized, padded, raised, fancy-stitched bridle.

He also got a Butet, which I haven’t ridden in yet. (My Devoucoux did NOT fit him. )

Medzo is not a fortunate soul this year…
-Hiedi Ankle boots to match his fronts because his Eskadrons are dieing
-as many drugs as possible to put in his system and let him live while we clip him again before FL
-6 weeks in beautiful sunny Florida, TO HORSESHOW MUAHAHAHA

R&R
“Dmklinger: LOL - sorry - wouldn’t know a backstreet boy if one came up and bit me!!”
Now if that isn’t a classic!

Clipped…

Toga is getting a nameplate for his (hand-me-down) halter, so he can stop being “House of Mirth” or “Playing By Heart” and can actually be “Saratoga Summer” like he’s supposed to.

William is getting… hmm… I don’t know what to get for Willbur. I’d give him cookies, but then he’d be a royal snot for months again (he’s a little mouthy) so… maybe some splint boots that fit him?

Kately is getting spoiled… that’s all she gets - anymore cookies and she’ll pop!

Both of the boys got Triple Crown blankets last month, and a new saddle that actually fits them both. I think that makes them happy…

A BANANA?? What’s up with that??

I see trees of green, red roses too. I watch 'em bloom for me and for you. And I think to myself … what a wonderful world. Yes, what a wonderful world." – Louie Armstrong.

because that’s all i can afford !

My horse is getting a jumbo tub of Stud Muffins, becasue they’re his favorite, and which, by the way, he’ll eat his way through in less than a week becsaue I’m just that much of a sucker. Not to mention he’s getting his first tub of Cosequin, courtesy of my parents. Okay, so that’s one of my presents too.

Told Mr. Bud that this was what Bud wanted for Christmas. He took very close note of catalog (Mary’s) and even asked what size. Sooo…looks like Bud will be stylin’ when he goes for a ride in his new Trailet Westwind, huh?

“The older I get, the better I used to be, but who the heck cares!”

Well, I am going to make some horse cookies for all the horses in the barn. I am not sure what I will buy for my two girls as the have most everything that they need. Briana could use a winter blanket but I can’t talk my husband into letting me spend big bucks on a blanket for a foal. I have not been able to find a blanket under $ 200 that would fit her. Canasta got a new blanket last winter for christmas so she actually has 2 blankets.

So any ideas as to what to get for a 17 year old broodmare who is due for her pneumobort (sp?) shot on christmas day and a 6 month old filly who will turn 7 months old on Christmas day?

ps if anyone has a 60" winter blanket for sale (not to expensive please) let me know.

I just bought him a New Calvary Bridle and Martingale

Now I have to sell his Cob Size New Calvary Bridle and QH length reins on eBay to pay for the new set

Elliot gets bananas all the time, they are one of his favourite treats with black licorice.

I’m not exactly sure if I’ll get him anything else but all the horses in the barn each have their own stockings and all I have so far to put in it is his holiday( it has cinnamon in it) bran mash for x-mas eve dinner. My mom and I are also making homemade treats for everyone’s stockings.

Eventing makes you buff.

Bandit is getting (actually, has already gotten) a new Weatherbeeta blanket. In a snazzy blue plaid! His Toklat just hasn’t been able to hold up to the rain this year.

And Jackson, my mini, will be getting a new cart come spring. Just don’t tell Bandit - the cart is about five times what the blanket cost!

ditto “clipped” and add “put back to work!”

If Dressage is a Symphony… Eventing is Rock & Roll!

My horse is getting ME for Christmas. Three weeks of riding- whoo-hoo!!