I wasn’t sure where to put this, but I’m curious as to whether barns are taking any precautions and what that looks like. I hear something different regarding just about every barn I know a boarder at, and I’m curious how widespread this fluxuation is.
(Yes, you can choose more than one option - go ahead and choose all that apply.)
So, if you are at a boarding barn or a barn where you encounter people outside your household, what are some precautions they’re asking you to take? If you don’t mind, I’d also love to hear where you live (state, region, whatever you’re comfortable with) and whether you feel safe at your barn and if not, what you think would make you feel safer. I’d also love to know if your state gives guidance as to what equestrian facilities should be doing.
(Folks at barns where you don’t encounter people outside your household, I guess what are you doing when the farrier/vet/dentist shows up?)
- Requires wearing a mask off the horse or inside the barn, etc.
- Requires wearing a mask at all times
- Has handwashing stations set up
- Temperature checks
- Requires scheduling to keep the number of people down
- Is limiting outside people (cancelled shows, clinics, etc.)
- Has a schedule/requirement for wiping down tools/high traffic areas
- Asks people to stay home if they’re sick
- Requests social distancing of at least 6’
- No precautions at all
- I just want to see the results