Unlimited access >

What should I name my new pony?

I am about to buy my first horse, she is 14hh, dark chestnut, has a blaze on her face, you know a white stripe, and she’s of a stocky build since she’s half haflinger, and half quarter horse. She’s pretty, but less of a beautiful horse, she’s more into being functional, but at the same time cute. Well, she is seven, and has the name Kit. Well, I don’t like it. I am changing it. She doesn’t seem to know it anyway, so I might as well give her a new one. So, what are some good pony names, that aren’t too common, and not too silly. I’m not looking for a show name, just a barn name. I am half German, so I like German names, but I can’t think of any I like, I also like cute short names like Kelly, or Happy.

How about…

Ingrid
Anke
Heidi

I’ll think of some more…

Gretel

My problem with Gretel, and Heidi, is that they are so common, and also in America, Heidi is very common. I just would prefer something like Adelaide, but I know a baby called that right now.

Anja
Birgit
Bridgitte
Sonja
Gabrielle
Heike
Katja
Silke
Inge
Margot
Gisela
Ilsa
Sabine
Sabrina
Katrina

For many years, I have used The Chronicle Of The Horse magazine to make lists of good horse names from the show results.

Many of our foals got their names as some directly from there or a combination of those.

If you have COTH the magazine, try that.:slight_smile:

I rather not name horses people’s names, but some times that is what turns out to be and you seem to like them:

Vicky
Nicky
Penny
Blume
Della

Haha, I like Nicky, and penny, but Vicky is my name, I would never call a horse after me. Blume is pretty, it means flower, but I am not a fan of the u sound in German, and no one here would be able to pronounce it. Lol.