Unlimited access >

What size halter?

I’ll PM you!

@TheJenners When does the adorable new one come home? I think we need more photos …ya know, to be sure of her cuteness.

1 Like

Not for another 5 weeks, her pickup date is 3/15 :weary:

But this was one of today’s pic from the breeder, I get several nearly every day! Screenshots_2021-02-08-16-46-45

7 Likes

She’s lovely - congratulations! First of all, I would have a major problem with her being turned out in a nylon halter! Very dangerous, especially to a baby! I would get a yearling size and LEATHER~. Only use something that would break in transport or turnout. JMHO – Good luck!

She isn’t but :+1:t3:

She’s too cute!

1 Like

OK I bought a “small pony” breakaway halter but it was so cheap feeling - so I got a yearling Weaver halter and cut off the bit between the crown buckle and the cheek snap, and replaced it with some of the leather from the breakaway halter’s crown. Hopefully this will fit. If not, the breeder said she will just send her in the pony halter she is in now. Mailing this and some Ulcerguard down this next week, and she’s getting her Coggins and health cert done this coming week as well.

SO CLOSE! And a pic from the other day! I’m not sure how big she is now, she was 12.3 on Jan 20th, but she is just legs all the way up :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

She is adorable!

1 Like

What a sweet face!!

It looks like the nylon halter she is wearing has a leather break away crown - different coloring.

Squeeee… adorable! Gorgeous soft eye on her. Enjoy many years!!!

So excited for you, @TheJenners!

1 Like

OK, not the most flattering picture, but I mailed down my homemade breakaway halter and two tubes of ulcergard this week, and the breeder tried out the “yearling” halter I sent down for my 8 mos old baby (to the day!) and as you can see… it’s on like the middle or maybe even second to last hole :laughing: Pleeeeease baby don’t be huge, I’m short :pray:t3:

4 Likes

She took not fitting into the new halter as a challenge she was going to take on.

Love the color of the halter. She is so cute!

1 Like

The halter arrived last night, it’s a good fit! :laughing:

5 Likes

So a bump because she turns biologically one on July 4, and her yearling halter is on the last hole and seems to be quickly getting too small!! Err… Normal? She is supposed to be medium sized!

4 Likes

She looks adorable though…

1 Like

Darn, she is cute!!!

1 Like

Where have I been?! This is the cutest little pony ever!! What is her name? Is she by Popeye K?

I’d say that’s normal. My (humungo) filly outgrew her yearling halter around 1. Around 2 was in a cob size…

Um… now she’s in O/S… As a 4 y/o. Sorry. :laughing:

1 Like

My Morgan yearling (who is only supposed to hit 15 hands), outgrew his yearling halter at right about a year old. He’s now quickly outgrowing the small horse halter he’s in and can wear an average size. It’s big, but he can wear it. Friggin’ moose.

If I remember right, my other Lippitt Morgan wore his yearling halter until he was 18 months or so. LOL

1 Like

How big is humungo???

Popeye K is back there, a great grandsire on sire’s side, but the socks bled through :heart: Sire also has four socks but not as tall, dam has one. She is jawdropping, I just love her. Barn name is Libbi, which she came with a fits, and I am going with Bank on Kisses for her registered name (lots of “romantic” names on both sides). I attached a pic of sire. He is 16.2 and dam is 16.1, so I hope she doesn’t get any taller than 16.1ish :pray:t4:

4 Likes