Unlimited access >

What would YOU do?

You board your horse at a facility you trust. You sign a boarding contract that says, “Your horse will be boarded at XYZ Farms, for X amount of time”. You later find out that your horse has been taken off that property, without your knowledge or consent, but the contract doesn’t necessarily STATE that your horse cannot be taken off the property. If it’s your horse, are you cool with this arrangement?

That’s craziness. No way.

Thank you. Exactly!

You sure seem to attract a lot of conflict in your life!

Yikes. Only if it was some kind of immediate emergency evacuation situation. And even then, I’d expect to be notified as soon as reasonably possible.

Why would your horse be taken of the property? Was someone else riding, went to a show or clinic? Sorry, aside from an emergency situation or a lease situation, I can’t think of a reason why the horse would be taken off the property without the owner knowing ahead of time.

Pop corn ?

Depends on why he was removed from the property. My immediate reaction is that it’s NOT acceptable. However, if there was a problem at the original facility - an emergency evacuation - then that’s fine and I expect to be notified immediately.

Well, the first thing that I would do is say a few words that would melt the paint right off the side of the barn. Hopefully, no innocent souls would be in the way and harmed.

And then I would get my horse the hell off the property, contract be damned, and boarded elsewhere. I would invite the barn owners to come after me for breech of contract. That would be a fun court date, and I’d love to see them spend the dollars on the attorney to get there in the first place.

(All barring, of course, a legitimate reason to remove the horse, like some sort of emergency evac due to weather or fire or something. If that had happened, the few choice words would be directed at the individual that did not let me know of the situation immediately.)

If you aren’t the owner of the horse, perhaps you should mind your own business.

I was one of the COTHers: “In addition, it appears that many of the COTH members have been googling various combinations of words, and have landed right here on the blog.”

Personally, I don’t appreciate your bashing COTH.

From her blog: “I’d like to personally thank those incompetent fuxkers who run the COTH message boards: I think you may have just handed both of these lawsuits to me. This just keeps getting deeper and deeper. Some people just CAN NOT stop digging.” “fuxkers” was not the exact word Paula used.

COTH - grab the popcorn. Drama train. This poster’s recent contributions:

This one was ended by the Mods:

http://www.chronofhorse.com/forum/showthread.php?402444-Stolen-embryos

http://www.chronofhorse.com/forum/showthread.php?402618-Let-s-turn-the-tables

Thank you, Justa Bob, for staying on topic…very professional.

Go away.

How is this topic even remotely related to Sport Horse Breeding? :rolleyes:

^^^^ What Joanne said.

I would want to hear the other side of the story, considering the source. Credibility, once lost, is bloody difficult to get back.

I took a boarded horse along to the local vet clinic to get a coggins pulled–he was due, and I happened to be taking one of my horses for rads. so I threw him and a couple others who were due on the trailer too. Ohmigod.

Jennifer

We’ve already closed a thread started by this user as it evidently pertains to ongoing legal proceedings, and the parties involved should address their issues in the court system, instead of bringing it to our site in multiple threads.

Thanks,
Mod 1