Unlimited access >

What Would YOU Like the Category Order to be on the Home Screen?

They still are not in the same order they were on the old forums.

Why does it keep signing me out when I’m trying to post on my phone? Then I get a message that the page is private or that I don’t have access. Then it signs me back in until I want to post again. I’m ready to give up until I hear all the bugs have been solved.

The one thing I do like is the continuous posts instead of having to manually switch from page to page.

I miss not having the posts from the OP marked in red throughout the thread too.

Thank you for reporting your glitches, that helps speed up the tuning up of the new program.
It was kicking me out also, but has not this afternoon, so maybe they are getting that fixed now?

There is some I still miss, other finally getting used to.
All those years just take long to forget.
I rarely am only on COTH, but doing other at my desk, COTH just open to occasionally dip in and out, my attention more on other.
Much had become a habit that now I have to re-learn, like remembering to use the C on top to go to the main forum pages.
Is taking more attention to get around, things are so different now.

I bet we can learn new trick, we have to with other, why not COTH also.

Yeah, this whole thread is about that.

This seems to be a fresh bug. Can you try switching your phone over to desktop view (click the three line hamburger menu in the upper right, then click “desktop view” at the bottom) and see if that resolves it, until the devs figure out what’s happening?

Yes, this is a known issue and will come back once the big ticket items are worked out.

This does NOT seem to be the case for me. In particular, I make a point to (almost) NEVER go to “off topic” or “current events”, but they are right near the top when I click on the “hamburger”.

I voted for “the way it used to be”. I am not particular about the exact order, but I like
Specific Disciplines (Eventing, Dressage, Hunter/Jumper, etc.)
Horse Related, but not discipline specific (Off Course, Horse Care, Around the Farm,etc.)
Non Horse Related (Technical Issues, Off Topic, Current Events, etc.)

2 Likes

The hamburger menu forums are sorted by # of unread posts. Higher number of unread is at the top.

If you’d like to not see off topic or current events there, you can mute those forums to remove them. Works great! (I don’t like to see them, either.)

That is OK. I do not mind seeing them, I just knew it WASN’T in order of MY most activity.

I am sure I would adjust but I prefer the old order. My muscle memory for how to scroll is pretty ingrained.

1 Like

I can’t even access the website from my phone now. Why is there no app for the forums? I am having lots of problems with my phone suddenly so it may be the fault of the phone. I need to replace it soon I think.

We’ve never had an app for the forum. From a support standpoint, it probably makes more sense to have a mobile view of the page.

Can you show us or describe what’s happening when you try to access with your phone? What kind is it, and what version of the OS are you running? What browser are you using on your phone that’s not working?

If you can provide some details, people here can help you figure it out and get you going.

there is a way to mute those forums… you need to go to your preferences then you can Mute a forum. I found the ignore feature not of much value as the poster is still shown in the thread, just their response is blanked out To me, ignore is just that I do not want to even see them.

I have tired to warm up to this new setup, but it just does not feel comfortable. I have attempted to rearrange the furniture into more a comfortable settings but to no avail.

The place is just not inviting. If I were driving along a highway I would not stop in here to see what it was like.

I would like to see the categorie listed as they were prior to this new format.

Your feeling is that of many, as you may realize by now.

The difference, many still choose to manage, warts and grumbling, if reading and participating in itself is more important than the irritation of trying to handle all this new stuff that is making it difficult at times.

As for ignoring, I wish some of the less gracious posters would ignore me.
This way I would not have to keep scrolling and ignoring myself their less than graceful, unhelpful personal responses to anything I may post and I can still read the interesting things they may bring on topic.
You see, there are generally more than one way to see things.

Hope you see your way to accommodate what is hard to like for what is interesting to read, as many are doing.

1 Like

Bluey, I worked in marketing for decades, product appeal is prominent… we had meetings that went on for days/months just to determine what shade of a color should be on the exterior of the product’s box then trademark that color.

In this day and time (well actually it has always been) necessary to hold a client’s attention to promote their desire to obtain or use the product… the problem this site has it has little appeal.

Sure there are the keyboard warriors who have been around who will battle through a conversion if for no other reason than to attempt to figure out how it works (much the same as when we will work with a horse for what seems forever to break their code).

Does this new version of the board attract new members would be the question, if it does then it is a success, if not then this too shall find its way across the bridge to join countless others

True that, we will just have to see, do we, time will tell.

There are also other forces at work, way more places for people to spend their time, this being a magazine, well, print not that well supported anymore, who knows where all these changes will take us.

1 Like

So, the categories will be in the same order as before?

Looks like it. I’ll go in and reorder them later this morning. Thanks for your input everyone!

1 Like

We switched the order back closer to what it was before, with disciplines listed first, per feedback received on this thread. Thanks again!

4 Likes

Has anyone mentioned before that @Moderator_1 totally rocks??? :star_struck:

2 Likes

:woman_singer: Thank you very much!

1 Like