Unlimited access >

What's up with TS low rise breeches

As a tall person who has a short waist, the Tailored Sportsman low rise (preferably side zip) is the only brand that fits me well. And trust me, I’ve tried all of them! I was hoping to purchase some fun new colors this spring, but I can’t seem to find anything but tan. Granted, my size is a bit uncommon at a 30L but all of the major websites have been sold out of colors for months and months. I know the general trend is front zip and mid/high rise, but what gives? Are the low rise being discontinued? Surely, the new spring line colors would be out by now. Anyone have any intel?

I’ve noticed this too! I have no idea why…maybe interest for low rise has dived down and they stopped making them?

I’m going to guess it’s a combination of the current trend being mid-to-high rise, so you have the “new thang” phenom going on, plus Ye Olde Supply Chain issue. The pandemic caused such a worldwide disruption, perhaps production orders came to a halt.

Have you tried looking on ebay?

Same story on ebay, although they do have a few more options than the stores. I may be the only one out there who is hoping the high rise trend doesn’t last long.

1 Like

You are for sure. The rest of us are dancing at the end of muffin top. But I do feel your pain having lived through low rise times.

3 Likes

I’m also a TS low rise side zip fan. I’ve had some luck finding new ones on Poshmark.

You might want to call a store that stocks TS and ask if they can help out. Maybe no one ordered colors of the low rise side zip to keep in stock, but when I worked for a retailer that sold TS we could generally order any style in any current color, it just took 6 or 8 weeks for them to be made and sent to us.

1 Like

I always feel like most places stock so much more of the low rise, and my long-waisted self needs mid rise :sweat_smile:.

Dover seems to have what you are looking for, with colors! I agree that the supply chain issues are likely a factor here.

This! I can’t remember which retailer I went through (maybe Farmhouse?) but I wanted something very specific (medium-rise front zip 26 short in a specific color) and they were able to call TS and get them ordered. It took about 8 weeks to get them but I was in no rush. They cost the same as any other size/color in that style.

1 Like

I am the same size and got low rise front zips from Running Fox and they had lots of colours. I got the olive green ones there

HSR Apparel on Instagram is a good TS source.

We sell a TON of TS breeches in colors at my shop. We stock low rise front zip and mid rise side zip (Long, regular and SHORTS) but are willing to order any combination in any color. Feel free to look us up www.thehuntinghorn.com

I hate the look of low rise breeches with a shadbelly. All that shirt sticking out between the points and the breeches.

2 Likes

I rarely, if ever, have to wear a shadbelly so it fortunately isn’t an issue I have to deal with.

2 Likes

Oh I’m sorry. I wasn’t referring to your personal situation, just a general comment concerning low rise breeches.

Thank you, everyone! I did manage to find a colorful pair on ebay that popped up and I ordered the last set of tan 30L from Smartpak this morning. You all gave me lots of great options! It is still slim pickings but I guess I’ll just have to wait it out a bit. Someone did mention to me a shop called www.jodsonline.com. They were pretty much cleaned out of the 30L except in blue, but they had quite a few colors in other sizes if you are looking.

1 Like

Depends on your build. Like OP I have a short torso (however I am not tall, at all) which makes low rise more of a medium rise - they hit at my belly button.

Just wanted to say that I’m a lover of low-rise TS as well, particularly the side zip. I’m not only short-waisted but I also have an internal pump for medical reasons that sits at my waist on my right side. I can only wear breeches (and jeans) that sit below the pump; hence, my need for low-rise and side zip because front zips pinch the skin around the pump.

I have to buy vintage low-rise jeans on Poshmark…but I hear they are coming back in style. :laughing:

The Kerrits GripTek II are mid-rise but fit more like a low-rise. Not as low as the TS, but enough that I use these when I prefer a full seat because they zip to the left (in between a front and side zip): https://kerrits.com/collections/riding-breeches/products/griptek-full-seat-breech

2 Likes