Unlimited access >

What's up with WEG video stream!

Trying to follow the dressage right now. Starts fine for the first 5-10 seconds then freezes up. Yesterday, it was the audio which is fine today now it’s this. Figures when there is finally some interesting competition to watch this happens. Anyone else having this problem or maybe it’s my pc.

Nope, not just you- mine’s doing the same thing. :mad:

What a shame, I was looking forward to being able to see just a little, since we can be sure no one will televise WEG here in the US.

Too many viewers, not enough bandwidth.

The problems with the video stream from WEG indicate that more people want to watch it than the network and system resources can handle. Even if you have a high speed broadband connection to the Internet, somewhere else in the network is choking. Either the WEG servers are overloaded or the service providers of the backbone Internet can’t handle the traffic or a combination of both.

The fight over “network neutrality” is associated with this problem. Who gets to pay for increasing the capacity of the Internet to carry all the video streams we now want to watch?

:cry: :cry:

Which proves the point…

that there is a market out there that would like to have WEG coverage. Given the U.S. market is only serviced by Horse TV for WEG coverage (which reaches so few people) it’s no wonder that the broadband lines are “choking” with people who want to view what little they can of the WEG.

It wouldn’t suprise me if some of the rain we had yestereday has something to do with it. They had to dry out the “Sky Cam” with an electric heater first thing this morning and the one video scoreboard was having fits also.

From Aachen

Charlie Mann
www.cmannphoto.com

My feed improved when I played aroung a bit with refreshing IE, then pausing and playing the video. The picture wasn’t always clear, but it didn’t freeze any more.

Dumb question

WEG coverage is available on the internet?
Where, when, details…am I too late!!!

WEG video stream is available…

in real time (meaning if you live on the east coast figure 6 hours ahead of us)
and most of the coverage wraps up by 11:00-noon EST.

Here is the link:http://www.aachen2006.de/default_e.htm

Click on video streaming on the right. Sometimes it works, sometimes it does not or it’s kind of in between (video but no sound, sound but no video).

Hey it’s better than ZERO which is what we seem to have even though “Horse Channel” has been so heavily promoted by the USEF, USEA and Chrono of the Horse. It’s not in my neck of the woods that’s for sure.

Keep in mind the video stream is a mix of competition and exhbitions so who knows what they will cover tomorrow on the video stream. Eventing dressage I believe starts tomorrow though I don’t know if that will conflict with the Dressage Special.

Hope you can pick it up from where you are.

We have a tiny local channel that carries HorseTV or did. It’s on the local cable, which I can’t get, but used to broadcast. When I had my tower and antenna, I could get them. Now that I’m satellite, I can’t get them. I only live 5 miles from their tower. I’ve even tried an amplified set top antenna, but it’s all hopeless.

Selling the rights to HorseTV was a real mistake, since they have little or no coverage in most places.

Dish users with HorseTV–what’s the WEG programming like?

It just figures you have horseTV out there in MO, vineyardridge, when out here in Sonoma County, where horses are the #2 business, we can’t get it. :sigh:

I can’t get the streaming to work, either. I have cable, I have the quicktime 7.1 version…but its all herky-jerky, when it works at all.

It’s working better today where I am in NYC but the audio does not seem to match what is going on. Bad pop music in the background and when you see a sportscaster interviewing one of the riders all you continue to hear is the music.

Confused broadcaster.

While the bandwidth is borderline today, the WEG broadcaster doesn’t know his vaulting from his dressage. Several times this morning the video is from the eventing dressage competition but the audio comes from the vaulting competition. Shall we say it makes “interesting” viewing?

HorseTV

[QUOTE=vineyridge;1837242]

Selling the rights to HorseTV was a real mistake, since they have little or no coverage in most places.

Dish users with HorseTV–what’s the WEG programming like?[/QUOTE]

WEG programming on HorseTV is like…
wait until September when they run the FEI-produced highlights. :frowning:

Tuesday night they had coverage of eventing… from Rome.

So it really doesn’t matter the they have the “exclusive” rights – you’re not missing any live coverage.

Unfortunately, it is a fact of life that equestrian sports are MINOR sports in the USA and the $$$ are not there. It has taken HorseTV about 5 years to get as far as they have (on the air “24/7” albeit with tons on “encore” presentations). I imagine that procuring “content” is expensive, and producing content is prohibitively expensive when you don’t have the revenues.