Unlimited access >

What's your favorite recipe for a Black Eyed Susan?

The Preakness is almost here and I want to keep with tradition (to some extent).
So what’s your favorite version?
Looking forward to your responses!

My favorite was the year they made fuzzy navels and called them Black Eyed Susans. They never use the same recipe but they always taste awful to me. Most years it has Bourbon in it but not always. I remember one year it was vodka and St Germain. Point being, they make it up every year based upon whoever sponsored them/contracted for cheap booze so you can read through the countless recipes online and see which sounds best to you based upon your taste. Or you can wait until I go there tomorrow and I will find out what this year’s version is for you.

4 Likes

1 Like

Hm, that’s interesting. I don’t hate it.

I am a bit surprised at the lack of popularity of this thread. Hmm. I thought this would generate just a tad, or perhaps one to two iotas more enthusiasm. Well I do appreciate the responses I have received. And if a miracle occurs…

If no one likes this drink, maybe they need a new one?

They probably sell at least 300,000 of them this weekend so it’s not accurate to say no one likes them. I definitely don’t but I am not a bourbon fan at all so not a good judge of what is and is not a good bourbon drink.

Maybe I’ll try this one…

2 Likes

What do you usually drink? Rum fan? I’m a sucker for a coconut mojito on hot race days.

I am a margarita snob so usually make my own. Today I bought fresh squeezed lemonade and went to the bar and got a shot of vodka

1 Like

I love margaritas. My favorite right now is grilled pineapple margarita. Grill pineapple, blend, use in Rita mix. You got any favorite recipes?

I actually drink mostly Palomas but nobody knows what that is so I call them Margaritas. I use fresh squeezed ruby red grapefruit juice, Casamigas tequila and Cointreau. We forewarned though, it will ruin margaritas for you and you will be stuck drinking your own at home.

2 Likes

That sounds very interesting…

I’m not a fan of the Margarita unless I have it with Mexican food. The Paloma sounds as if it would go well with Mexican food too.

1 Like