Unlimited access >

Where are people buying used dressage tack these days?

Taking a hiatus and I have two decades of quality tack that is just languishing.

I’m not someone who uses FB frequently, so turning to the collective wisdom of CoTH to guide me to the best places to part with some of my beloved, beautiful belongings.

Thank you!

facebook is probably your best bet - there are a number of dressage-specific used tack groups and such. Otherwise, do you have a consignment tack shop near by? Online, I’ve come across tacktackroom.com and triedequestrian.com - haven’t sold through them so no idea on that front.

3 Likes

you could post a link to whereever you put it up if you want. I’ll go look!

1 Like

Dressage Tack Trader on FB.

2 Likes

Thank you all so so much! I mostly have high end girths, strapgoods, breeches and my massive bit collection haha, I appreciate the help!

It has been Facebook for a long time, but their algorithm is so messed up that it has gotten very difficult to get anyone to see your ad. You can still try some of the dressage groups though. I’ve had to go back to using eBay so that my ads at least come up in searches to get things to sell, even though I don’t generally ask more than 50% of retail.

1 Like

Thank so much for that! I’m a ebay veteran but haven’t been active in years. I was wondering if there was still a viable buying pool visiting there for quality tack, thanks to your input I may just double my efforts in both areas.

thanks so very much all!

There is definitely a lot on eBay still but Facebook is the best place.

Also instagram…

That being said, most websites have wicked deals every few months so you can usually get new cheaper than used if you are diligent to check the sites and sales.

2 Likes

Also look at shipping costs right now…they have gone way up. It may make more sense to consign or just sell locally.

For breeches and apparel, I buy a lot of stuff off Poshmark.

3 Likes

I still find with shipping I get things cheaper ordering direct from site. Way cheaper. Just this morning I ordered a new Lemiuex set because they are on sale. The saddle pad, bonnet, polos and shirt were under $150 CND shipped. The pad alone here is $90 +tax.

2 Likes

Sorry, I meant the OP should consider the cost of shipping items. I agree with what you’re saying about new prices vs used being not much different.

3 Likes

oh now Im sorry haha

yes shipping for non businesses is very costly right now!

1 Like

Facebook is the big place, but I would price higher and just include shipping. The going back and forth on pricing is painful.

A local equine Facebook groups or a local consignment tack shop would be good options.

1 Like

I check ebay every day for dressage items

3 Likes

Thank you all so much for these shopping insights. I do plan to include shipping with the prices, its simpler for everyone and makes the buying experience more attractive. Interesting that there is still a buying base at Ebay, I’ll feel more confident in doubling my efforts.

Thanks all!

I’ve found it easiest, if you’re not in a rush, to just post stuff on eBay with a fixed price and no expiration listing date. Caveat being that you’ll have to remember to take listings down if you’ll be traveling or have anything else come up that would prevent you from shipping during certain periods.

FB really is annoying. Yesterday I searched the high end bit group for a specific bit, and it showed me several year old listings and ISO posts before the listing posted 8 days ago. As a seller, it takes a lot more maintenance to keep reposting and bumping posts, managing ads in different groups and all that.

1 Like

Thank you so much for taking the time to share this. I don’t use FB at all, but recently started perusing the general marketplace for furnishing, and I’m finding it to be really annoying too for the same reasons, finding outdated listings and missing fresh listing.

Thanks so much!

I’ve had the best luck selling on FB by responding to ISOs, so long as my item matches very closely what the person has specified.

2 Likes