Unlimited access >

Where to adopt a NURSE MARE FOAL in Arizona

Does any one know of a place where I can adopt a nurse mare foal in Arizona? I have looked on the internet, and I can only find places on the east coast… any help would be amazing!

Try asking in the breeding forum. Good luck!

Why do you want to adopt a nursemare foal exactly? There is a large rescue in Ohio, not likely to be one in AZ unless you were to call a vet practice that specialized in repro, which might know of some.

I know of someone that adopted two and the younger, weaker one did not survive, probably as a result of lack of colostrum and/or insufficient milk replacer.

Contact Last Chance Corral. That is their focus.
http://www.lastchancecorral.org/

But last chance is in Ohio - thats a far haul (especially in the summer) for a pre-wean foal.

I second reaching out to repo vets in your area.

Yes it is far.
Willow- why do you need one? This is your second thread on the same subject.
If you have a mare who lost her foal and is greiving we Cothers could find a foal, hauler and have one to you faster than you might think.

[QUOTE=Appsolute;7580060]
But last chance is in Ohio - thats a far haul (especially in the summer) for a pre-wean foal.

I second reaching out to repo vets in your area.[/QUOTE]

But they also have contacts in the nursemare foal industry :wink:

Although local vets are more likely to find local foals, for sure, so that’s a good suggestion.

[QUOTE=5;7580223]
Yes it is far.
Willow- why do you need one? This is your second thread on the same subject.
If you have a mare who lost her foal and is greiving we Cothers could find a foal, hauler and have one to you faster than you might think.[/QUOTE]

I’m curious too. Why do you want one?