Unlimited access >

Where to place trailer fans

I’ve going to have some 12v fans installed in my horse trailer. I have a 2 horse straight load. I am thinking about where to place them. I own one horse and 90% of the time I only haul my horse but occasionally I haul a barn mate.

I was planning to install them in the front corners on either side. But now I’m wondering if I should install both on the left side - one at the front and one at the side like right behind the escape door (so would blow more on the shoulder/back and not at his face). Or I could install them on the side one on each side. Or I could order more fans and have 2 installed on each side (4 total).

If you have fans can you share a pic of where you installed them? Where do you think they would be best?

I’d put them on the front corners. Squirrely horses find the ceiling fast in trailers, and I wouldn’t want to risk a fan being there to greet them.

4 Likes

Front corners. Decent fans will move plenty of air from that position and they’ll be out of beak and head range.

3 Likes

Oh good point! The video I saw with them down the side was a slant load and they were placed behind the horse so less likely to be in a spot where trouble could happen but very different in a straight load.

1 Like

In our straight load trailer, they are up in the front corners. We did not install them, as they came from the factory like that. We have a straight load with 3 stalls in the back and 2 fans. One on each of the corners but it does work for the 3 stalls.

1 Like

Thanks for confirming! Are they in the corner/angled, or more straight on? I was assuming corner. If you have a pic, that’d be great. I wasn’t having the best time finding a variety of pics on google images of them installed, with the pic having a wide enough angle to see.

This one seems like a good way to do it:

72cb7603f3ba0eca414c08ea5e59eaae--horse-trailer-ideas-horse-trailer-organization

They are angled and look just like the one you posted!

1 Like