Which glucosamine/chond/msm/etc. do you take?

Which glucosamine/chond/msm/etc. do you take? Any recommendations for buying it at a good price? (I have disc problems, btw.)

I take Wellesse liquid as they say liquids are supposed to absorb better and a small bottle of joint juice each day. I get both at Costco.

I was just looking at Cosamine ASU as it is supposed to have some extra things in there to help prevent cartilage breakdown. Any opinions on this one? I know an orthopedist who recommend Zyflamend.

In reading on glycosamine, et al., which is used a lot in small animal medicine, one vet was saying he thinks that puppies should be started on it to prevent problems later down the road. Something to think about . . .

Thanks.

I take Trigosamine, found at Walmart for $19.99 and Walgreen’s for $29.99. I can tell when I don’t take it and when I started I saw improvement within a week.

Thanks Chachie!!! (I was hoping someone would respond to my thread.) Yours looks good as they say it has lots of hyaluronate in it.

I don’t know what your medical issues are but I’m very glad it works for you!

Here is an interesting study on how it may help discs. (If someone finds holes in the study or thinking, do tell me please. I need something to believe in right now,so I’m going with it.

http://www.biomedcentral.com/1472-6882/3/2/

Do feel better!!

I take GNC Triflex. It’s certainly not the least expensive out there but I have a GNC membership and then wait for the buy one get one 50% off and search for on line deals so it’s not too pricey.

That being said the way it works for me I’d happily pay twice as much. I’ve considered trying a less expensive brand but I’m in the “if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it” camp.

http://www.gnc.com/GNC-Triflex/product.jsp?productId=4266766

I take GNC Vegetarian Glucosamine (2-1000 mg tabs a day) and Rite Aid Brand MSM (1000 mg a day). I have a bad knee and with this I am over 95% pain free, without it my knee blows up and I hobble around.

Oh, right they are starting to make it from corn (?) now, which gets rid of problems for those who are allergic to seafood or who have it raise their cholesterol.

Does anyone know anything about taking hyaluronate/h.a.?

I mentioned this in my original post but I find this really interesting. I wonder if glucosamine & chondroitin were incorporated into the diets of very young people, as fluoride is put into children’s vitamins, we’d have adults with lots less problems. Especially considering that the direct vascular supply to discs stops at about age 8-12.

(I was reading on glycosamine, et al., which is used a lot in small animal medicine, one vet was saying he thinks that puppies should be started on it to prevent problems later down the road. Something to think about.)

Lubrisyn HA. Not cheap, but been very happy with it.

Ok my head is confuzzled today so I’m probably not going to make sense but msm and glucosamine need a carrier to help the body absorb it better and consequently wotk better. Vitamin D is usually the carrier of choice because the body needs Vitamin D.

And yes, I believe that if you started early on, the better you will be later. We do this for horses and dogs now. However, you have to make sure that you balance out your vitamin intake as some supplements can have the daily requirement and if you take too much of one, it can drain you of another necessary one.

Gosh i hope I explained this right. I’m sure someone on here will be quick to right me. I admit I’m not thinking straight so please research this. I was told this by a drug rep of a major company that makes an expensive glucosamine supplement that he is employed by so I feel that the info is true, even though I may have mixed up the ingredients .