Unlimited access >

White polos with colored band on top?

I’m looking for polos to do clinics in, and I’ve thought it’d look nice if they were white but had a colored velcro/ band so that, when wrapped on the horse’s leg, they’d leave a strip of color on top. Does such a thing exist?

I have a pair of black ones that have a white band on top, but I haven’t seen anything in reverse…

Not exactly colored tape per se, but Wolf Wear has navy blue edged Velcro on white wraps.

Eh…it’s actually champagne not white. Never mind.

Equestrian Stockholm will apparently offer white wraps with blue piping sometime in the next month. It’s pretty subtle though.

There are lots of sellers on Etsy who make polo wraps and could probably do a custom set for you if you don’t find what you want.

1 Like

this ^^. Especially for white, if OP is crafty in any way, it wouldn’t be too hard to modify their own.

Buy a set of plain polos, buy some nice ribbon in whatever color you want. Then sew it to the existing velcro.

I wouldn’t do it because in order to look good the colored strip would have to be wrapped identically to the other side in order not to distort the stride.

4 Likes

Back in the Jurassic Period, my coach had several sets of white polos with red Velcro. We looked like the mounted Red Cross. So avoid that color combo if possible.

It was a PITA to make them all match perfectly. Looking back I suspect that was the point. On the flip side, I landed a good gig as a FEI groom based solely on my wrapping skills.

5 Likes

I know somewhere I’ve seen elastic straps that just go around the leg on top of the polos. That would be easier, but I can’t for the life of me remember where I saw them for sale.

2 Likes

That would be easier but still a pain. All white is so sharp why go through the hassle?

1 Like

Just use colored electrical tape over the wrap, wherever you want the strip. As used by racehorses in training to make sure the wraps don’t come undone.

https://www.findtape.com/electrical-tape/pvc-electrical-tape/c60/?tref=ln

6 Likes

Because not everyone likes the all white look?

1 Like

I get that. The tape on the outside is a good idea.