Unlimited access >

Who are the underdog jumper stallions of today?

Hey everyone,

Just wondering who everyone is liking out there this year for stallions!
This is an open thread to all who have an opinion about any stallion they fancy :slight_smile: Talk about babies, semen, jumping ability, anything! I’m all ears!! The only requirement is that they can’t be totally huge or famous yet :wink: Lets talk horses people!

Ready
 Set
 GO!

I am impatient to see the offspring of King Kolibri and Bosch Blue. KOlibri took my breath away with his jumping ability and Bosch Blue was not too shabby either, plus he crosses two outstanding bloodlines. Also eager to see Comme Il Faut’s babies (C. Obolensky out of Ratina Z). And about five more but I don’t want to seem greedy :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=nutmeg;8018745]
I am impatient to see the offspring of King Kolibri and Bosch Blue. KOlibri took my breath away with his jumping ability and Bosch Blue was not too shabby either, plus he crosses two outstanding bloodlines. Also eager to see Comme Il Faut’s babies (C. Obolensky out of Ratina Z). And about five more but I don’t want to seem greedy :)[/QUOTE]

The stallion Coronet D’Honneur is a son of Comme Il Faut and has been purchased and brought to America to stand here. He did well at his testing in Germany (2nd in jumping out of more than 20) and is here and offered fresh for this season. I am excited to see more about him in the coming months!

http://www.crossroadsfarm.com/stallion.html

[QUOTE=Stoney447;8018807]
The stallion Coronet D’Honneur is a son of Comme Il Faut and has been purchased and brought to America to stand here. He did well at his testing in Germany (2nd in jumping out of more than 20) and is here and offered fresh for this season. I am excited to see more about him in the coming months!

http://www.crossroadsfarm.com/stallion.html[/QUOTE]

Got Comme il Faut babies coming in Holstein. I am Also eagerly awaiting their arrival. Did see about 10 foals last year and most of those were very nice.

[QUOTE=Bayhawk;8018837]
Got Comme il Faut babies coming in Holstein. I am Also eagerly awaiting their arrival. Did see about 10 foals last year and most of those were very nice.[/QUOTE]

He is especially exciting I think, because he is from stamm 8145! I would love to have access to semen to breed back on stamm. I would also love my mare to develop amazing fertility so I can use frozen lol. Maybe he will become available in America when its time to breed her daughter :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=Stoney447;8018862]
He is especially exciting I think, because he is from stamm 8145! I would love to have access to semen to breed back on stamm. I would also love my mare to develop amazing fertility so I can use frozen lol. Maybe he will become available in America when its time to breed her daughter :)[/QUOTE]

I figured you would like him ! I think he is spectacular and his foals were nice also. Must have a mare with good front legs and feet as he is not strong there.

I have been spotting Dallas VDL.He has a wow jump

I wouldn’t necessarily call them underdogs, more like under used stallions. Figaro B, Cartier R, Diabolo d’Esquelmes and Valentino Z. I have foals from my TB mares from all these stallions. I love TBs so I will probably always have the TB/WB crosses. Rising Star Farm has an incredible line up of boys that produce superb athletes in all venues. I have been a client now for 6 years and every foal I get is spectacular!

Diabolo d’Esquelmes from Rising Star Farm for sure!! Have you seen the scope on that guy?! Wowza!

Dreamscape Farm recently imported their Lordanos son, Lestat. http://www.dreamscapefarm.com/HorseDetail.aspx?ID=598 He has done very well in competition in Germany, and Jennifer recently posted a picture of a foal by him in Germany. This will be his first year standing in the US.

[QUOTE=omare;8020135]
I have been spotting Dallas VDL.He has a wow jump[/QUOTE]

I’m looking at his 1/2 brother Grand Slam VDL (Cardento x Heartbreaker x Mr Blue).

I am also keeping an eye on Glenfiddich VDL (Bacardi VDL x Corrado I)

[QUOTE=clint;8020902]
Dreamscape Farm recently imported their Lordanos son, Lestat. http://www.dreamscapefarm.com/HorseDetail.aspx?ID=598 He has done very well in competition in Germany, and Jennifer recently posted a picture of a foal by him in Germany. This will be his first year standing in the US.[/QUOTE]

He looks interesting to me too, clint. Not to mention everyone I have ever come across has raved about the excellent service provided by Jennifer at Dreamscape.

A stallion I like, and liked well enough to breed my A Fine Romance daughter who is a full sister to a winning GP jumper and Advanced eventer, is VDL Windsor H.
(Indoctro/Ahorn). I think he is underused, and not promoted much, but definitely worth a look.
He shows in the jumper ring with his AA owner which speaks to his good temperament, is modern in type, a very good mover, good conformation.
I LOVE LOVE LOVE the colt I got from this breeding.
He is beautiful, very athletic, tall,and such a fancy, light, mover.
The owner was good to work with and the semen was excellent.

http://www.canadianwarmbloods.com/stalliondetail.php?horseid=1000138

I really like Crespo VDL. His first crop is starting to jump/free jump and look stunning. They take to it so easily.

To add some meat to my original selection, here’s this:

http://www.horsemagazine.com/thm/2015/03/king-kolobri/

Even more droolworthy!

[QUOTE=omare;8020135]
I have been spotting Dallas VDL.He has a wow jump[/QUOTE]

I saw Dallas VDL in Vechta last week - I nearly fell off my chair when he started jumping! Incredible scope! I would love to use him but trying to find out more about this stallion and research what mares he suits best

I ADORE my 2016 filly by Diabolo D’Esquelmes. She is the whole package.

I’m a little obsessed with the Selle Français Tzigano Massuùre of late.

He’s younger, with an interesting mix of Holsteiner and SF blood. The super blingy chestnut and jumping like he’s ratcheted on springs certainly doesn’t hurt. :wink: We’ll see what he produces in the next few years, and if they’re willing to send him over the pond.

Wrong country
Dreamscape is in Canada!

[QUOTE=clint;8020902]
Dreamscape Farm recently imported their Lordanos son, Lestat. http://www.dreamscapefarm.com/HorseDetail.aspx?ID=598 He has done very well in competition in Germany, and Jennifer recently posted a picture of a foal by him in Germany. This will be his first year standing in the US.[/QUOTE]

Dreamscape Farm is in BC Canada
although Jennifer and Armin ship a lot of semen state side from their stallions
LOL

Hi Meadow36,
Do you have any pictures of your filly? Would love to see her.

[QUOTE=rocksolid;8956545]
Hi Meadow36,
Do you have any pictures of your filly? Would love to see her.[/QUOTE]

Why of course! I have no idea how to post pics on COTH - Facebook? Email?

She is uphill, naturally balanced, great bone, great feet, nice size, excellent mover with a to-die-for ground covering canter.

Her personality is second to none. Brave, confident, sweet, nosey, a little sassy, easy to work with. Her answer to every question is “of course I can do it”. Her dam has a lot to do with this part however.