Unlimited access >

Who Feeds Cavalor! Tell me about it!

I am importing a horse from the EU and previously fed my previous horse Triple Crown Senior, I have not ruled that out as a feed option as I never had issues with it but considering Cavalor’s FiberForce and Pianissimo for my new mare… who feeds this feed - or tried it in the past tell me what you like or don’t like!!

I am really just trying to find the best product to offer my new horse but also don’t want to feed rocket fuel unfortunately the feed she was offered in EU was a local mix so I have to start her on some sort of US brand.

Thanks so much!

My barn uses cavalor (my trainer is sponsored), most of the horses are on FiberForce, Strucomix (Sr maybe?), or ActionMix - I think we have some on Endurix. When my mare -an easy keeper - is in regular work she’s getting 1 qt of Action Mix twice a day and while on stall rest a hearty 1 qt of Fiberforce (also twice a day). I’m generally pretty happy with it, I add a mineral pellet, a joint supplement, a gut supplement, and extra flax.

We did have a couple of moldy bags last year of Action Mix but it might have been a local issue.

1 Like

If you don’t want to feed rocket fuel, I’d definitely skip the Pianissimo based on the NSC listed on their website - 32% is sky high, especially with a recommended feeding rate of 6lbs a day for a 1200lb horse at maintenance. The fact that it’s marketed as a low energy feed is kind of comical with sugar and starch numbers like that.

https://cavalor.com/en-us/?jet_download=19641

The Fiber Force looks like the better option of the two. Personally, I’m not at all a Cavalor fan. I haven’t had a ton of experience with it but the horses I know who’ve tried it did not do well.

If it were my horse, I’d opt for any TC feed before Cavalor.

2 Likes