Unlimited access >

Who here likes to design drainage?

We’ve recently put up an outbuilding, and decided to hold off doing the final grading until we could watch how groundwater from the spring rains behaved. Below is a picture of the current drainage. The good news is that on 3 sides of the building things are draining very well. But we have some work to do around the NE corner, where you can see the ponding.
Beneath the as-is photo is a sketch of what I think I need to do. What do you think–would you do it differently?

The right side of frame is the edge of our timber so that would be a good place to direct the water. Directly behind the photographer is the barnyard, so I would not want to send more water in that direction.

TIA for any opinions/expertise!

1 Like

Curve drain from the back gutter to tie into the front gutter n run them both into the woods, or do a french drain around the side and in front of the ponding area n drain to the woods that way.

@EssexFells, did you fix this problem already?

If not, I just want to mention that building up this side of the building pad might make the other sides not drain how they are draining now. Keep that in mind.

Generally speaking it seems like you have a good plan.