Unlimited access >

Who is doing H/J-focused custom breedings?

Looking into possibly doing a custom breeding in a year or two and would like to find some different options than I already have. Does anyone have any recommendations on breeders who offer custom breedings (stallion and mare), with bloodlines focused more on producing jumper prospects?
Breed doesn’t necessarily matter to me - warmbloods are great but I’d actually love a sport-bred Appendix! Saying that, I know finding that would be a longshot.

I’m already in touch with Blazing Colours Farm in Ontario, but want to make sure I explore any and all options!

Any recommendations or even just suggestions would be great. I’d love to stay around the east coast/Ontario/QC/maritimes so I could visit (I’m located in VA with family in Ontario). Thank you in advance!!

I have a small Jumper focused breeding program of KWPN horses, located in Southern VA.
Would consider a custom foal if the chosen stallion was a good fit for my mare.

2 Likes

Maryland:

http://www.lazyjsporthorses.com/foaling---raising-services.html

1 Like

Just an hour north of Toronto - Shallow Brook Farms – Breeders of exceptional Hanoverian horses. - small operation but great quality…lovely mares and she’d be open to custom pairings although not until next year as her mares are all in foal for 2022.

1 Like

Check with Almost Famous Farm. Lindsay Galloway stands a stallion (Smooth Criminal), breeds, and has a history of successful hunter breeding (Zarr, Zito)

1 Like