Unlimited access >

Who makes a two horse bumper pull with front walk out ramp?

A friend has an older Hawk with that set up. Not sure if they still do it tho.

Resurrecting this thread as I looked at an older Hawk bumper pull over the weekend with a side/front ramp. It was larger than I expected and seemed like it might actually work for what I really want - a space to tack up a horse in the front of the trailer. I was figuring I’d need a 2+1 to get that kind of space. We’ve had a 2 horse gooseneck for 15 years though - I’m just not sure about going back to a bumper pull.

The same configuration exists in a gooseneck, Four Star has one – it’s not a 2+1, there are no gates in front of the 2h setup. Just an open space and a right turn out the ramp. If you’re only hauling one horse, I think if you folded back the head divider there might be enough room to stand and tack up. Or you could have them add more length.

For example https://horsetrailerworld.com/home/trailerdetail.asp?id=1454507

Definitely do not want more length :rofl: I borrowed a friends 2+1 with stud doors + a dressing room 2 years ago and it was a BEAST. 4-Star used to make a 2+1 without a dressing room but I don’t see them lately - that would be ideal. I don’t care about having a dressing room but I do need a full size (I think they are 54") front ramp.

Just read a bunch of threads and it seems the consensus is once you go gooseneck you never go back. That’s kinda my feeling…

I’m sure Four Star would make that for you. Or check out this Gore, the Kentucky Special #2 which has the 2-horse setup, no DR and a side ramp http://www.goretrailers.com/gooseneck25k.html

I like that Gore if it wasn’t a stock - which I’m sure they’d be happy to make custom too. I’m in the used trailer budget or I think that would be my plan, to just custom order what I want. A new bumper pull would be closer to my budget though, so I’m trying to consider them.

Someone in Northern Virginia just posted a used Hawk 2+1 without a dressing room on Facebook, and it doesn’t look too long, so perhaps a Hawk 2+1 would be an option as well. I’m pretty sure Hawk, Adams, and 4Star all do this as a custom option. I think Shadow might as well - my barn owner has a custom rear facing 2H with side ramp from them and they do seem to be somewhat more affordable as well.

try DD trailers. Customize to whatever you want, & excellent customer service. Very easy to work with.

That Bockman is SWEET!!! not in the market, but…it makes me drool.