Unlimited access >

Who was your favorite Show Jumping Horse at WEG?

Who were you rooting for or who took your breath away?

Codex One :slight_smile:

I have to say Cortez C. He was awesome.

My usual favourites Nino, and Cornado didn’t perform their best so I would say my favourite of the games might have been Molly Malone. She tried her absolute heart out for Bertram Allen and is only 9. Their combined age is less then most of the riders at WEG!

Cortes is definitely a star. I’ve fallen in love with Imothep! I’ve seen him with other riders and always liked him but him and Darragh are a heckuva pair! I can’t wait to see what they do together in the future. I secretly wish he was under a US rider :wink:

Molly Malone is awesome. I’ve always been a fan of Rolf’s horse as well.

Posted this on the other thread, but guys, it’s Cortes. With an S, not a Z. Minor detail, but I think it’s important to get his name right.

I feel there must be a shout out for Esperanza de Rebel and Appolonia’s Boogeygarden (spelling travesty) who popped out clean round after clean round completely under the radar. Have a soft spot for the Rebels as their dad is the full brother and sometime suitor of Ratina Z. A family of sketchy morals but great talent.

My favorite was Flora de Mariposa, but she had a bad landing at the open water…

[QUOTE=andy.smaga;7751389]
My favorite was Flora de Mariposa, but she had a bad landing at the open water…[/QUOTE]

She sure did… :no:

So many good horses it’s hard to pick favorites, but I especially liked Orient Express, Cortes C and Molly Malone.

Cortes C

Ego Van Orti

Rothchild

Imothep

Molly Malone. When she is standing around, she looks like an oversized kid’s pony. Then, she shows that she is an incredible athlete.

Molly Malone!

Casall. What a lovely, consistent stallion.

I agree, Casall is gorgeous!

Nino de Buisseonet is one I love to watch. Boy when he wants to play, he is spectacular! Steve Guerdat is one of my favourite riders, so I was disappointed that they had troubles. But very happy their final round was clear. And good for Steve to stick with the competition until the end. :yes:

Agree Imothep was impressive! Never really thought he was 1.60m material until Darragh took over, and now he looks amazing!

Another Imothep fan here. My colt this year is by him so it made me really want to root for him! Darragh has done so much with him in so little time. I think their styles really mesh. Always thought Imothep went better with a woman rider, but Darragh is so nice and soft and seems really understanding of his “quirks” :wink:

Cortes and Rothchild. I’m biased cause I’ve seen them both go several times in person and have watched Beezie and McLain bring them along since they’ve had them. They’re even better to watch jump in person!

I would pick Rothchild for many reasons, but mainly because I looked after his sire, Artos. But I did fall for Cortes at the WEG, I just love his crossing legs!

I love Rothchild and his idiosyncratic ways. I think he often gets over looked but hes got a ton of try!

[QUOTE=Lynnwood;7754027]
I love Rothchild and his idiosyncratic ways. I think he often gets over looked but hes got a ton of try![/QUOTE]

That horse has heart on top of heart on top of heart. He’s definitely one of my favorites right now - has been since I think Harrisburg last year. And to hear Mclain describe him as “his best friend” makes you realize that it doesn’t just LOOK like he has heart, he really DOES have heart. I just love him.

I wish he were just a TOUCH younger, so that he could be Babygirl Ward’s first Children’s jumper after he retires from GP. :winkgrin:

Loved Molly Malone.