Unlimited access >

Whoa! Helgstrand in 1st place dressage

On Blue Hors Matine–76.333 to put him in first place and I guess this might knock the team medals around some?

LOVE THIS HORSE

what an amazing horse, exceptional test, she’s got everything.

Am I right in thinking that if Don Shufro was OK she would not have even been on the team, wow!!!

nahh, the team medals are…the team medals.

the other Danes scored really really low, including a RILLY low score for Jorgensen/Ludwig.

Brentina got a 71.147 and is in 9th place right now, couple places below Peters.

[QUOTE=canyonoak;1835949]
nahh, the team medals are…the team medals.

the other Danes scored really really low, including a RILLY low score for Jorgensen/Ludwig.[/QUOTE]
No I mean that he was supposed to ride Don Shufro at WEG but he wasn’t well/sound, whatever, and that Martine was his SECOND string horse. Pretty nifty second string I Say.

Love love love this mare…and only 8, I think. The test was so lovely, makes you want to take up dressage.

WOW - This mare is AMAZING - Only 8 years old too!!!
Can you say “Olympic Gold?”… Anky look out… I can’t wait to see more of this fabulous team.

AND she’s so happy and light in her work - such nice expression…

I’m pretty sure she is nine years old, not that she’s not still young.

There were two eight year olds in the draw though, one was the Aussie horse CP Jac.

The announcer said several times she was 8… they made a point of saying this was the minimum age for a GP horse.

[QUOTE=Sabovee;1837545]
The announcer said several times she was 8… they made a point of saying this was the minimum age for a GP horse.[/QUOTE]

OK whatever, it says in the programme she’s a 1997 horse - Jac who is 8 is a 1998 horse. Watching the live stream that announcer said nine. I don’t really care that much!

she was 5 in 2002- see related link…http://www.eurodressage.com/reports/shows/2002/nov_danishyh.html

that makes her 9 in 2006- unless I don’t know math at all…

but even for 9 years old she is AMAZING…a little worried about the tail- maybe tension from the unfamiliar large venue- or a tad discomfort in the rear…not sure…

Matine is 9 and her first year out at the Grand Prix level. Yes, Matine was the backup horse.

Sure would love to see more about this pair!!!

Eurodressage hasn’t had much – yet.

She’s a lovely mare with an enthusiastic and busy passage/piaffe but I prefer some of the others such as Bonaparte, Floriano, Sunrise, Vincent.
They show such lovely true gaits with a longer neck. Just beautiful.

I don’t remember seeing any real trot from Matine. Matine reminds me a little of olympic Barbria( neck/throatlatch) and Bonfire (back and passage). All nice high quality horses but not my favourites.

I don’t care about errors. I look at the overall quality.

I had the pleasure of sitting with Andreas’ entire family in the shuttle bus on the way to the World Cup exhibitors party last year. He has such a great support group. His parents were charming and his wife is a real sweetie.

Amazing when the second string horse brings you lots of nice shiny things to hang around your neck. Can’t wait to see what the future brings Matine.