Unlimited access >

Who's going to Plantation?

[QUOTE=Winding Down;7171815]
I may see you there. My truck broke down last night and is in the shop so if it gets fixed today, I will be there. But I won’t go until afternoon because I’m taking pony up to trainer afterwards. This truck breakdown is not good timing![/QUOTE]

You may want to see if you are allowed to use the track in the afternoon, their website says all galloping must be done by 10 am.

My boy will be there doing his first ***! Lucky Devil with Lauren Kieffer riding. I am really excited to see them go. Good Luck to everyone who is going.

I’ve never been to an event before (I’m very very new, came from hunters and am now going to do XC), so do the vendors at big events like Plantation generally sell horse equipment (tack, medical supplies, etc.)? Or is it more nick-nacks and clothing? I’m looking for the new Boyd Martin Majik Equipe XC boots, and I’d like to see them before I buy them if possible…?

Well of course Dante would get bit by something yesterday and have his leg blow up with cellulitis this morning. Vet brought it to a head and popped it, so hopefully on the downhill to recovery already. Vet is still optimistic about going, I’m conservatively giving it a sixty percent chance we’ll be there. I’ll know more tonight when I go to rewrap the poultice bandage.

Hey Scubed and Bornfree I will be out someplace on course volunteering on Sunday and would love to see you both! As well as anyone else who drives by! Amanda, you’re welcome to sit with me a while, I should have my car, if you want to watch a few and take it easy.

Win the War and I will be in the CIC***. Super excited to be going.

[QUOTE=Divine Comedy;7171835]
You may want to see if you are allowed to use the track in the afternoon, their website says all galloping must be done by 10 am.[/QUOTE]

Oh. Will check. I want to gallop late because we go to Mburg afterwards for two final days of dressage boot camp at trainers

Heading up Wednesday to visit the War Horse and his rider (and wife). Entered in the 2*, but not planning on running XC as he was SO GOOD at Richland! My partner in crime here in NC is the SJ course designer so you can probably find me around there from time to time as well. I usually wear a nice driving hat, and this time will no doubt be the same. Love to meet some folks while I am there!

[QUOTE=pegasusmom;7174124]
Heading up Wednesday to visit the War Horse and his rider (and wife). Entered in the 2*, but not planning on running XC as he was SO GOOD at Richland! My partner in crime here in NC is the SJ course designer so you can probably find me around there from time to time as well. I usually wear a nice driving hat, and this time will no doubt be the same. Love to meet some folks while I am there![/QUOTE]

Hope to get to meet you. My son was the Schramm’s summer working student and fell in love with your horse. My son is coming home from college just to see them go.

Times are up! Does anyone know where they will be stationed on Sunday if they are volunteering?

Also it does look like there might be a chance of rain. This is all good, folks, it will make the flowers brighten up and keep the turf soft. Just check your clinches before XC!

My biggest question: Is it REALLY necessary to dress in khakis for cross country volunteering? Eeekkk…don’t have any…

Seriously? There is a dress code for volunteering? Say it ain’t so!

[QUOTE=Divine Comedy;7172024]
Well of course Dante would get bit by something yesterday and have his leg blow up with cellulitis this morning. Vet brought it to a head and popped it, so hopefully on the downhill to recovery already. Vet is still optimistic about going, I’m conservatively giving it a sixty percent chance we’ll be there. I’ll know more tonight when I go to rewrap the poultice bandage.[/QUOTE]

How is Dante? You WILL be there, right, DC?

[QUOTE=Winding Down;7176367]
How is Dante? You WILL be there, right, DC?[/QUOTE]

I will, but we’re trying to figure out if I can still run the CIC or if I will be switching to the Advanced.

[QUOTE=pegasusmom;7174124]
Heading up Wednesday to visit the War Horse and his rider (and wife). Entered in the 2*, but not planning on running XC as he was SO GOOD at Richland! My partner in crime here in NC is the SJ course designer so you can probably find me around there from time to time as well. I usually wear a nice driving hat, and this time will no doubt be the same. Love to meet some folks while I am there![/QUOTE]

Good luck!

(On a side note, was there a CDE at the horse park this weekend? Kept seeing trailer after trailer drive by, like, big trailers)

[QUOTE=ACMEeventing;7176654]
Good luck!

(On a side note, was there a CDE at the horse park this weekend? Kept seeing trailer after trailer drive by, like, big trailers)[/QUOTE]

Hazard schooling - first time ever offered. Fabulous Fredilicious got his intro.

Big trailers. . . we take more toys.

[QUOTE=pegasusmom;7176751]

Big trailers. . . we take more toys.[/QUOTE]

:lol:
I’ll bet! How cool that they had “xc” schooling. I should’ve gone and watched. I still can’t believe you drive around those things!

Woohoo! Got the good news tonight that we can still run in the CIC3*!

Can’t wait!

^^^ sweet!

[QUOTE=Divine Comedy;7176913]
Woohoo! Got the good news tonight that we can still run in the CIC3*!

Can’t wait![/QUOTE]

So exciting! Good luck!!

Rain?