Unlimited access >

Who's going to Plantation?

I will be there with my power pony extraordinaire, ready set go for our first 2*

Good luck! I am volunteering on Saturday–doing SJ.

We’ll be there watching and rooting on our sons’ trainer and wife, plus a few other friends that are riding.

Me! First 3*, so excited!

I love the dressage test we are using.

Depending on how this week goes, I may come up Sunday to watch CIC xc/cheer DC on. I was supposed to be working vet box, but, well…

[QUOTE=yellowbritches;7170607]
Depending on how this week goes, I may come up Sunday to watch CIC xc/cheer DC on. I was supposed to be working vet box, but, well…[/QUOTE]

Tears!

I’ll be there Saturday and Sunday! First ever event I’ve been to–hoping to learn a lot while I’m there.

Very very excited!!

the weather forecast could not be better!

I’m so excited. And my pony is fit and frisky, almost bucked me off yesterday during jump lesson with trainer. Oh my.

Ooh!! Good luck WD and DC!

Beyond excited for both of you. Oh, to see my name in one of those divisions some day . . . :sigh:

Pictures please.

my friend is bringing me up on sunday to watch my very first XC course in person :smiley: Just recently got into the sport from H/J land and I am finding dressage an awesome challenge (plus having a natural XC jumping position and not falling off near as much as I used to is a big plus :winkgrin: ) Should be fun!

Oh you will, ACME, you will. It is just a hop and a skip and a few jumps from where you are now! :yes:

Only on Sunday (day job is getting in the way), but looking forward to seeing all of “my” ponies in the CIC***. Am a little sad that the lowest sponsor level is now $500. I’ve done the $250 in the past, but can’t really spring for $500

[QUOTE=scubed;7171047]
Only on Sunday (day job is getting in the way), but looking forward to seeing all of “my” ponies in the CIC***. Am a little sad that the lowest sponsor level is now $500. I’ve done the $250 in the past, but can’t really spring for $500[/QUOTE]

bummer girl…I didn’t think about it but a bunch of us sprung for a Fence. Doesn’t get you the goodies the other sponsorship levels do still a nice way to assist. Next time I’ll shoot you an email.

My horse is in the 2* so I will likely be there cheering him on (as well as other friends). My day job is also getting in the way though and I will not be able to be there long. Luckily my farm and home are near by. Should be perfect weather but we really haven’t had a ton a rain so the ground may be a touch hard. At least it is well established turf at Plantation so should still be fine.

^^^ UGH… I was worried about the ground. I’m a stickler for footing. We had a touch of rain last night but not enough to make my galloping fields acceptable. So I did gallop sets last night in trainer’s outdoor arena, in the middle of a thunder storm, and plan to gallop on the track at Morningside on Sunday. Hate not galloping up hills but at least Mick Powerpony is turned out on the side of a mountain.

[QUOTE=Winding Down;7171278]
^^^ UGH… I was worried about the ground. I’m a stickler for footing. We had a touch of rain last night but not enough to make my galloping fields acceptable. So I did gallop sets last night in trainer’s outdoor arena, in the middle of a thunder storm, and plan to gallop on the track at Morningside on Sunday. Hate not galloping up hills but at least Mick Powerpony is turned out on the side of a mountain.[/QUOTE]

I’m also going to Morningside on Sunday for galloping. I cannot bear galloping on hard ground and my farm had less than a tenth of inch of rain yesterday. Good news is that there’s now a 40% chance of rain next Friday, that might help the ground at the show.

I think the ground will be fine. It is typically very good there. Just noting that we haven’t had a ton of rain but we have had some.

Yes, the turf there is excellent, and doesn’t require a ton of rain. We got some last night, and will hopefully get some before next weekend. Keeping my fingers crossed for rain for you, but if we don’t get any, don’t fret, it takes a very dry summer for plantation to be a problem. And, we certainly have not had a very dry summer!

Volunteers still needed

If you are headed to Plantation and want free admission & a great seat for all the action, please consider volunteering to help on the XC course. We also still need a couple of people to help with CIC* show jumping from 7:30-10 am Sunday – done in plenty of time to watch the CIC** and *** action.
You can sign up here, and thank you!!!

NeverTime, I will be there with one horse and depending on my ride times, I can volunteer for 2-3 hours here and there. I will check in when I get there to see where and when I might be needed.

[QUOTE=Divine Comedy;7171317]
I’m also going to Morningside on Sunday for galloping. I cannot bear galloping on hard ground and my farm had less than a tenth of inch of rain yesterday. Good news is that there’s now a 40% chance of rain next Friday, that might help the ground at the show.[/QUOTE]

I may see you there. My truck broke down last night and is in the shop so if it gets fixed today, I will be there. But I won’t go until afternoon because I’m taking pony up to trainer afterwards. This truck breakdown is not good timing!