Unlimited access >

Why do you love the COTH BB????

I recently left a boarding situation where there were lots of different people involved with their horses for lots of different reasons and they all rode lots of different disciplines.

I really miss the wonderful chats we all used to have while waiting for horses to dry, horses to eat, horses to cool off…

This board is my substitute for that. There are times when I need some advice, and there are times when I just need to hear myself think. This board has so many wonderful people with lots of good advice. And sometimes the board can be a shoulder to cry on. We all need that at one time or another.

That’s why I love this board.

Since I keep the horsies at home, I don’t get the social life of a barn. And when I did board out, I didn’t have much time to chat anyway. I like the way COTH is pretty lenient. People have a lot of freedom, which allows for some interesting and hilarious discussions.

BGoosewood in Goosewood and therefore TweedleDEE http://hometown.aol.com/bgoosewood/index.html

I live in the middle of god-knows-nowhere. This is the closeset thing to barn comaraderie I can get.

And besides that who would have thought I would have had the chance to meet in person some of my buddies.

I now have great email friends and we all share that horsie bond. I love my virtual family of friends. They are always there when you need them. To laugh and cry togehter.

Major HUGS to all of you.

“The older I get, the better I used to be, but who the heck cares!”

I enjoy the BB for alot of reasons. I like the opportunity to meet new people that share the same interests. I also like the fact that I can help people and they can help me.

I like the COTH BB because right now I have very little access to REAL LIVE horses, and so I come here to remind myself of my former life as an avid horseperson. I know the day that I get to ride and be with horses will come again soon, but until then, the COTH is my only outlet. Poor me! But seriously, there are few places on the internet that are as entertaining, and, well, heartwarming (yes I am a giant cheeseball) as this one.

I recently left a boarding situation where there were lots of different people involved with their horses for lots of different reasons and they all rode lots of different disciplines.

I really miss the wonderful chats we all used to have while waiting for horses to dry, horses to eat, horses to cool off…

This board is my substitute for that. There are times when I need some advice, and there are times when I just need to hear myself think. This board has so many wonderful people with lots of good advice. And sometimes the board can be a shoulder to cry on. We all need that at one time or another.

That’s why I love this board.

I am surrounded by non-horsey people now that I have my horses in my backyard. Like all horse owners, I love to talk about my beasties, but, after about 5 minutes, non-horsey people’s eyes will stsrt to glaze over. Here on COTH, I can blab all I want about my horses and get to hear about other people’s also.

Plus, I find the BB to be an excellent source for advise on everything horse related. This place is the best!

<BLOCKQUOTE class=“ip-ubbcode-quote”><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Here on COTH, I can blab all I want about my horses and get to hear about other people’s also. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

In the “real” world, there are not many situations where I have so much in common with so many people. There seems to be a shared sense of humor, appreciation of ideas, and a feeling of community and belonging on these forums.

Agreeing with each other or rabidly defending contrasting beliefs, we generally get along splendidly.

I love the COTH bb’s because there is such a unique sense of community here. I really feel like I belong in this wacky and wild place!

In addition, there is such a huge wealth of knowledge here-- the opinions and experiences of so many people are priceless. Thats what I really love… You can pose a question, and an hour later, you are bombarded by all kinds of advice-- how cool!

Member of the Cripple Clique…