Unlimited access >

Why is it so hard to find information about the 2015 Central Park Horse Show????

There seems to be no new news about the show. There is no announcement about when tickets will be going on sale… What gives? Anyone know anything???

The sponsor shift has set things back a bit. Everything has to be reprinted/reformatted with the new sponsor name and logo. There was something about a week ago, something about GB defending her title, it seems to be on with new sponsor.

Go to Phelps Media Group it’s on their page

I went to the Phelps Media Group
site. Didn’t see anything about the show. Where did you see it? Could you post a link? Thanks!

http://cphs.coth.com/article/mark-bellissimo-announces-the-second-annual-rolex-central-park-horse-show-september-23-27-2015

Article from July 17th notes that information will be released in the following weeks, so they may just not have that information yet. Seems to be cutting it close to the show date!

https://www.facebook.com/CPhorseshow

On their facebook they replied to someone asking about tickets (today approx an hour ago) saying the would be on sale “soon”.

Well, don’t think too many shows have lost a primary sponsor so close to show date due to the political fairness/equal time rules and/or political squabbling. Threw them a real curve

[QUOTE=findeight;8257718]
Well, don’t think too many shows have lost a primary sponsor so close to show date due to the political fairness/equal time rules and/or political squabbling. Threw them a real curve[/QUOTE]

OK I must have fallen asleep. What sponsor did they lose? Are you talking about Trump because of presidential campaign or something else entirely?

Their FB site says tickets will go on sale this week: https://www.facebook.com/CPhorseshow?fref=nf

I REALLY want to see a prize list and can’t seem to find it anywhere

Do share more information! Who was the sponsor, why the change?

This show and the lack of promotion / information available about it at this late date is just strange and frustrating… A new and revised schedule just went up on the FB page and the puissance class is gone. Big bummer. That was going to be super fun to watch… There are other big changes as well. It’s not like NYC is easy to visit on a whim. A trip there requires pre-planning.
Can anyone weigh in on the sponsor change? Is this fallout from the Donalds comments?

So is it still going to be in the trump rink if trump is no longer a sponsor?

I’ve had the same problems with Wellington the past years. Not trying show there, just trying to go and watch with friends. The dressage side is more difficult to get info from than the h/j side, but it’s still frustrating. And actually the WEF website has improved the info in the past year or so. But I’ve come to believe that these big shows are simply indifferent when it comes to spectators, unless you’re inquiring about buying a VIP table. Otherwise they’d be more responsive to emails or calls.

Last year we asked people who live and train in Wellington for info; they’re regular exhibitors, so it seemed a good idea to ask them. They said they’re usually the last to know about schedules, CDI’s, etc. They seemed ok with that because they live there, and they can easily adjust.

Thankfully the COTH forums often give out more info than the show organizers.
We’ve based travel plans on what we read here, and have never been disappointed.