Unlimited access >

Wide noseband

I have been searching for a while with no luck. Does anyone know if you can buy a nice quality wide noseband by itself without the full bridle? The rest of my Edgewood is beautiful I would just love the modern look of a wide noseband. I got an Edgewood caveson 1” raised thinking it would be wide but it is not what I had pictured in my head.

Thanks!

Edgewood does make a square fancy wide noseband, I have one. You might need to find someone who sells Edgewood pieces.

If not, how about Huntley?

2 Likes

I haven’t seen one in person, but I e-drool over these

https://www.huntleyequestrian.com/collections/nosebands

1 Like

Woops, vxf111 beat me to it while I was looking up their website :slight_smile:

1 Like

Try here:

https://www.horsesmarts.net/store/edgewood-bridles-pieces/

1 Like

Farmhouse Tack always had a big selection of Edgewood, and they are so nice to deal with.

2 Likes

Thank you so much! I ordered a Huntley noseband to try!

2 Likes

If the Huntley turns out to be not what you envisioned, you might try Bennett’s Hunter Fine Bridles, EquuSport, or maybe The Country Saddler. Might be a bit pricey, but would probably come closest to matching an Edgewood and they all do custom work. If Ann K Hubbard’s is still around (seems to not be), that would be a good match for an Edgewood as well. Maybe even Hadfield’s, though IME Edgewood and Hadfield’s leather are pretty different and I’m not sure how it would match.

Edgewood and Hadfield’s are totally different both in color and the type of leather. I love both of them but IMO they would not match at all. If matching is a priority, I’m not sure why OP didn’t just buy an Edgewood. I know she bought a 1" noseband but I think Edgewood makes others as well. Apparently vxf has what OP is looking for.

1 Like

Oh bonus!!! Wide nosebands are coming back into style??? Good thing I come here to check up on these things. I have several. Thanks for keeping me up to date. ROTFLMAO.

2 Likes

See, I kind of feel like they’re a little out too but people keep telling me they’re in… so either I’m wrong or they’re coming back.

1 Like

I have one that is SUPER DUPER wide, fancy, unpadded, and flat. It’s an Edgewood with the tag and the stamp so I’m sure of it (it’s new and unused).

1 Like

Any tack store that sells Edgewood can order by the piece. I’ve done it numerous times.

1 Like