Unlimited access >

Winter Trainer Recommendations - NC, SC, FL

Looking for recommendations on winter training programs for a 5yo, solid at novice, looking to move up to training. Considering NC, SC, FL.

On the hunt for training program to continue my young horse’s education through the winter months. Would like to find a “unicorn” training program with combination of excellent care/facilities with a trainer who enjoys working with up and coming younger horses, and the ability to also teach an adult amateur. Ideally the trainer would be the one working with the horse, and not working students.

Who comes to mind that would fit the above?

In NC-Southern Pines Area you have a plethora of Eventing trainers. Caitlin Romeo, Andrew McConnan worked for William Fox -Pitt for 2 years, Will Faudree, McKenzie Dey Cumbea, Charlie Plumb and even Bobby Costello.

If you want help with your dressage Lynn Doki of Walhalla Farm in Aberdeen-not far from Southern Pines is an AMAZING trainer. FEI Grand Prix rider/trainer, USDF Silver Medalist and L Graduate. She loves working with eventers and young horses. She is great with the biomechanics of the rider and horse. No quick fixes or use of gadgets. She has a lighted covered arena and a wicked sense if humor.

1 Like

Allison Chubb,
she is great with all of your requirements. She is based in PA but going to Aiken and has openings. She has a solid program of adult ammy’s etc and brings along young horses. Highly recommend her! AMC Equestrian amchubb@gmail.com 717-439-6668 she is on Facebook too.

1 Like

Tik and sinead at copper line in Ocala. There wouldn’t be a better education for your young horse.

3 Likes

Andrew Palmer in Alabama is another one to consider. He is fantastic with young horses.

Kelly Ransom (Hollywood Eventing) winters in Aiken. Her program is second to none. Happy to give you her number if you’re interested.

John Michael Durr is based in Tryon and goes to FL too. He is awesome! I bring him regularly to clinic. Such a nice guy and has a gift for teaching.

Julie Burns Richards. She is in GA, but is amazing.http://julierichardseventing.com/about/

Ray Wheeler in Aiken is a very patient and kind trainer and good with green horses and ammie riders!

1 Like

I board and ride with Ray now and I whole heartedly agree with this statement!

2 Likes

Kate Brown in Aiken.

Stephanie Cauffman in Ocala. She had my horse all summer before I got down here and he feels amazing. She’s also incredible at teaching amateurs and the barn is the happiest, most positive place. I also found full training board to be really reasonable for the care, expertise and area.