Unlimited access >

World Championships discussion

That’s funny. I told my trainer yesterday AM that in my next life I’m going to be born in England and named Charlotte. :smile:

3 Likes

https://www.facebook.com/www.carlhester.co.uk

30 yrs ago today at the Barcelona Olympics! Lottie Fry’s late mother and my team mate Laura , Bent Jensen (Denmark), Charlotte Bredahl (USA), me and then the legendary Kyra Kyrkland (Finland). Oh, how young we were!!

15 Likes

Go Kate Shoemaker! 4th place in grade IV Para today.

8 Likes

90.6% Holy Crap :blush:
Champion of the World!

11 Likes

It was a beautiful ride!!

1 Like

Wow! I enjoyed those rides the most since Valegro. The successor to Valegro with the other Charlotte from GB!

5 Likes

I really looking forward to watching Pete come along!!

THANK YOU for posting! This was stunning, and I’m actually a little teary eyed. WOW. Its also exciting to think that her horse, and those in 2nd and 3rd are young 10-11 years old, and Charlotte D’s is only 9. Some very very good riders with some really talented horses.

6 Likes

That was amazing.

2 Likes

Me too. Last time I felt like that was when Debbie McDonald and Bretinna did their freestyle. Just amazing teamwork.

1 Like

If CDJ can get this kind of performance out of him while this green to competing at the level, imagine how strong he will be by Paris 2024. I couldn’t believe that today was his first GP freestyle test EVER. Mistakes in the tempis aside, doing that for the first time in that atmosphere with that quality is incredible.

6 Likes

The kur designer who did Edward’s and Totillas’ mind blowing freestyle, also did Lottie’s and Glamourdale’s new freestyle.

7 Likes

Nice article in H&H from Judy Harvey;

2 Likes

I think its Blue Hors who also owns Lego?

Lovely to watch Glamourdale and Lottie Fry, the horse looks so exuberant throughout the test. He has some challenges from his way of moving, I think it is hard for him not to move a lot from side to side in the piaffe and one-tempis and she handles him so well and supports him in the movements which he is accepting of, very nice to see. His trot half-pass and extended canters were just super- lovely to see a young pair with such a happy and energetic demeanour.

11 Likes

I agree. I noticed the same thing. Obviously, the judges are keenly aware so it doesn’t hurt the scores at all.

3 Likes

Yes, I was thinking this wasn’t one of the dressage wunderkind horses. A very lovely horse with correct training and still some issues to work through. She is a lovely rider.

Susan

2 Likes

He struggles to sit in the piaffe and canter pirouette perfectly and has some more push than sit in the hocks than some GP horses. But it is really splitting hairs on a lovely horse and I think that is common with horses who move like he does. A couple of the more baroque horses as noted above had picture perfect piaffe and other collected movements but other things are harder for them. At this level every horse will have some movements it only does OK compared to others, except maybe Valegro. What has been upsetting in the past two decades is seeing horses tense and stressed or panicking and refusing certain movements at these big shows, even at the Olympics. It’s nice to see a horse do his best and stay relaxed and proud. Lots of nice riding in this competition and lots of happy horses.

9 Likes

Personally, I got goosebumps watching Glamourdale. Fabulous.

2 Likes

This is a good article re the judging and I agree with a lot of what was said/observed. Worth a read, I think.

1 Like