Unlimited access >

Would anyone else like to see Adidas make equestrian apparel?

Just wondered. I sometimes wear their golf polos and find them very comfortable. The material is also very good a keeping you cool in summertime.

I’d love it if they make shirts specifically for equestrian sports. Anyone else agree? Or can suggest good, warm-for-winter and cool-for-summer t-shirts, polos, etc that can stand up to the abuse of riding, barn duties, etc?

No to Adidas.

I haven’t owned anything from adidas for riding, but I do really like my golf polos, and running shirts. I have a few technical polos from nike that were 70% off and they are by far my favorite to ride in. I don’t really think athletics companies need to come out with equestrian clothing. A lot of the gear they already make is fully functional for riding.

I agree with hoofbeats - any of the sports clothing makers are making performance tops, socks, and undergarments that can easily be used to ride in. Check the golf and tennis sections for collared shirts/polos. You can find great base layers in the ski section for cold weather riding too.

I actually really like the Wal*Mart brand of athletic wear. Danskin I think…

They fit me really well, and I can layer how I need to. I have a few jackets that are still going, and for $15 you can’t beat them. I also just got a blaze orange Remington jacket from the hunting section that was supposed to be for trail riding, but I love it so much that it’s turned into my favorite winter barn jacket. It’s wind and water proof, super warm, and doesn’t swish (which sometimes freaks my mare out). It also has a scent blocker, so it doesn’t hold the barn smell at all. Best $35 I’ve spent this year.

from what I understand the women who started Ariat came from Nike… so there you have the sports/athletic influence. And are you asking about someone like Addidas to make riding shirts to show in or to ride in? what’s the difference if the shirt is for “golf, running or tennis” etc.

[QUOTE=Superminion;7306125]
I actually really like the Wal*Mart brand of athletic wear. Danskin I think…

They fit me really well, and I can layer how I need to. I have a few jackets that are still going, and for $15 you can’t beat them. I also just got a blaze orange Remington jacket from the hunting section that was supposed to be for trail riding, but I love it so much that it’s turned into my favorite winter barn jacket. It’s wind and water proof, super warm, and doesn’t swish (which sometimes freaks my mare out). It also has a scent blocker, so it doesn’t hold the barn smell at all. Best $35 I’ve spent this year.[/QUOTE]

I really like the Danskin stuff too! I love their crew neck drimore long sleeve shirts ( Perry sure I have them in every color), they’re cheap, they hold up well, and I don’t feel bad if a horse chews in it (unlike my under armour). I don’t think they’re quite add light add the UA gear, but that isn’t always a bad thing. They’re definitely broke college student friendly too! :lol:

I really don’t care what brand name is on the riding clothes I wear.

I’d like to see Dunham or New Balance start making riding shoes and boots so those of us in 4E don’t have to buy custom. Although, at least I can say with certainty where my Dehners were made as I visited them in Omaha!

Thanks for the suggestions folks, I just like their clima-cool golf shirts and figured something similar would be great for shows.

Ariat, Arista, BR, FITS, Kerrits, TS, Anky, Pikeur, Asmar, Gersemi, Moutain Horse, Irideon, Goode Rider, etc. make “clima-cool” type of shirts and polo.

And then a lot of other sports brands you can buy that might not have a ‘horsy’ logo but works just fine! :slight_smile: I have a lot of Lululemon t-shirts and now long sleeve turtle neck for this winter.

All they’d probably do is take the same stuff they already make, slap something equine related on it and then raise the price by $10-20. Because, you know, all of us who ride horses clearly are made of money. sigh

[QUOTE=alibi_18;7307807]
Ariat, Arista, BR, FITS, Kerrits, TS, Anky, Pikeur, Asmar, Gersemi, Moutain Horse, Irideon, Goode Rider, etc. make “clima-cool” type of shirts and polo.

And then a lot of other sports brands you can buy that might not have a ‘horsy’ logo but works just fine! :slight_smile: I have a lot of Lululemon t-shirts and now long sleeve turtle neck for this winter.[/QUOTE]

The equine market is quite saturated with athletic type apparel already, so not sure if Adidas would really have a market in this field. There are already several top and pricey manufacturers of equine clothing. Who really looks like that when they ride anyway??! I am usually covered in dirt and horse kisses.