Unlimited access >

Would this tailgate accessory be useful?

What do you think of this truck accessory?
https://www.ruralking.com/great-day-inc-truck-n-buddy-magnum-black-tnb3000mb

For what?

The way I use my truckā€¦no, not really.

Probably useful for someone out there, though. How do you see yourself using it?

I laughed a little at ā€œneed a seatā€? Uh, sit on the tailgate, thatā€™s what they are for, lol.

In seriousness, I donā€™t see much utility there for that much $. Tailgate step assists already exist for folks who struggle stepping up a bumper, are much cheaper & take up wayyy less space (that thing doesnā€™t look foldable). A folding table & chairs would be much more portable (& comfortable) for making extra space.

2 Likes

Could be useful, depending on how you use your truck. Dog hunting people I know might like it a lot, as long as you can make sure your dogs donā€™t catch their feet in the slits of the ā€œseatā€ when getting in and out of dog crates. Not sure if it would be a huge seller, maybe.

As for ā€œtailgatersā€ā€¦seems like it would only be useful in an impromptu tailgate. Otherwise, lots of other options would be more comfortable.

330 bucks to replace 5 dollar camp chairs?

4 Likes

I thought it might be nice to use as a step when loading or unloading things in the bed. It looks like it folds up when not in use.

I use a mounting block now as a step and it looks like I will continue using it.
My husband agrees with some of the others that it is too expensive.
Oh well.

1 Like

https://www.ruralking.com/great-day-inc-truck-n-buddy-black-tnb2000b

I think Im going to order this one!

1 Like

In my ā€˜17 F150 I have a tailgate step up. Do I use it ? Yes. Mostly because I am short (5 ft tall) and old lol. I can still of course climb up but it does make getting in and out easier especially since newer trucks seem to sit way taller than before. It looks similar to this. Also comes with a handle.

1 Like

That one looks a big help. My 2018 SD F250 sits up high and I have to do a two part exercise to get into the bed of the truck from the ground.

2 Likes

I told my husband it was cheaper than knee surgery so it is going to be my motherā€™s day present.

4 Likes

Yay!!! Enjoy! And Happy Motherā€™s Day!

1 Like

I could see myself using it. Is it permanently installed? If so, yeah, Iā€™d use it a lot for access. Hope you enjoy your Motherā€™s Day gift :grin:

2 Likes

I think it is drilled in.

1 Like

I think Iā€™d use this one. I like the handle and that it doesnā€™t cover the whole tail gate. My new to me truck is a lot higher than my previous truck so Iā€™ve been using a handy step stool which is ok but not very stable. This one is on my list, right after the electric thingy that will raise and lower the jack on my gooseneck trailer. Maybe with both these enhancements I wonā€™t dread hooking an unhooking my trailer. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

I like too that it doesnā€™t cover the whole gate. I may have to vary the pattern I use when stacking hay though. I put 11 on the first row but I think I can still make it work.

that thing is only rated to a load of 400 pounds, I can easily foresee it being overloaded beyond designed capabilities

I would LOVE a lift gate but that isnā€™t happening. Iā€™ll just have to make this work.

I use one like this folding stool, that I carry tied to the back of my pickup, so it doesnā€™t slide around in there and is handy by the tailgate.
Mine is several years old:

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Gorilla-Ladders-2-Step-Compact-Steel-Step-Stool-225-lbs-Load-Capacity-Type-II-Duty-Rating-GLS-2CS-2/310432817

I would be fine with one of those or with my mounting block if they would stay in the truck. My husband tends to remove them and I forget to check to see if they are there when I use the truck.

1 Like