XXL Bell Boots?

I have Pro Choice Spartan II bell boots in XXL for my mare. They still have a good amount of life left in them, but I’d like to know where to look when I replace them. The Spartans now only seem to be made up to XL, and the current boots are just big enough for her 6" wide feet. Suggestions for the Sasquatch horses out there? She doesn’t really interfere, but I use them when jumping now that I have her in front composite shoes; protecting the back of the shoe is most important.

I have some of the ballistic nylon no-turn boots in XL and they are in no way large enough!

If you scrounge around, you may be able to find some Davis bell boots that are big enough. Check Amazon, Walmart, and random places since they went out of business.

Try suppliers that carry Draft sizes.
One place I know in Shipshewana had a Soaking Boot that was big enough to bathe a baby in!

1 Like

My horse wears size 5 shoes and the KL select bell boots in size VI fit him well. He’s 18h.

3 Likes

Brassy Bit has a pair in stock:
https://brassybit.com/shop/horse-wear/professionals-choice-ballistic-xxl-no-turn-bell-boots/

I have used centaur XL for my size 5 shoe horse but can’t recommend them. They really don’t last at all, but are pretty big.

Thank you, just snagged those! Hopefully between the current pair and these we’ll be in business for a while. Thanks for the other leads as well!

2 Likes

Not sure where you’re located, but we have a place in Ontario that carries large sizes, all the way up to draft, for riding and driving tack. They’ve got one pair of XXL Spartans showing, as well as a couple of the Ballistic model. There are other brands in big sizes if you want to look around at the options - you might find something else you want to try.

https://www.brubachersharness.ca/Bell-Overreach-Boots/folder/444

1 Like

Thank you! I may need to stock up on the Spartans! Those fit her well since her feet are more wide than tall.

They are an excellent company to deal with, in the middle of Mennonite country, and have a great reputation so you can trust that they are legitimate. I’ve been there in person and ordered online.

1 Like

EquiFit makes a true XXL. Available at all the major vendors.

1 Like

Do they HAVE to be no turn?
Greenhawk carries neoprene, fake-fur lined regular bells boots in XXL, in several colours.
My guy takes XL, and a pair lasts him 8-9 months worn 24/7, so a good deal.
They also have the rubber with fur in XXL in limited colours.

I got the ProChoice ballistic boots from Brassy Bit and they are too small at the bottom. Well I could put them on in a pinch with the Velcro at an angle. :rofl: Luckily I have the Spartans on the way from Brubachers.(sadly they only had one pair). So if anyone else has a large horse with slightly less wide feet, I’ve got some bell boots for you!

1 Like

While not a no-turn style, I really like the LeMieux Pro Shell bell boots in XL. They are pretty big and seem to be like an XXL in some other brands. (my guy is 17.1 and his feet bust be at least 6" wide)

1 Like

Dressage Sport Boot actually makes sizes S-XXL. The XXL fits the Percheron cross I ride really well.

1 Like