Unlimited access >

You know you really ARE a horse-obsessed whack job...

I know every farm or horse pasture on my routes for the past 40 years. Keep an eye on the horses and can tell you how many horses and where they like to hang out on the mornings and the evenings.

Gallop, in my mind, along the really nice stretches on interstates.
Mentally design a freestyle to songs, any style, while in the car.

Discuss medical conditions in terms of horse care. Fortunately most of my family and friends accept this from me.:yes:

I also gave directions to a fellow COTHer that included “past the field on the left with the gray and the palamino”

Oh lord, can I use some of these for my tumblr? www.justequestrianthingss.tumblr.com

Any time I need to stabilize I put my heels down… Driving, sitting, flying on my pegasus…

I thought it was normal

I habitually run my fingers through the back of DD’s hair like to do to G’s tail when going behind her.

Close the hip angle over railroad tracks, which are not smooth around here, two sets nearish my neighborhood give you air.

Poke and cluck at the beagle. “Over”

Crane your head “Is that a barn? Is it for sale?”

Oh I do that to. I will hear a song and make up a freestyle in my head to that song lol.

You know you’re a horse-obsessed whack job when almost every strange adventure you’ve ever had starts with the words, “Well, there was this horse and…” and your spouse or SO just shakes his head and tunes you out at that point.

[QUOTE=wcporter;6999746]

And does anyone else see any long grassy hill, field and instantly imagine how awesome it would be to gallop up/across it? :o[/QUOTE]

oh that still happens to me when I see the access lanes (fire lanes?) in the state forests or a truck path along side a field! le sigh, the golf course dream ride…

Ha! What’s better is that my man, kid and animals all respond to the clucking!

SO resisted at first, but like any good animal, he relented and now moves off of the clucks lol.

Today I was telling a neighbor I got stung by one of those horse crotch bees.

Of course he had no clue what I was talking about. Oh well.

[QUOTE=bits619;6999792]
Aah hahaha cracking up at the patting of the back of the car, because I almost always catch myself putting a few fingertips on my car’s trunk as I walk around it, or just a hand held out toward it… As if it’s going to suddenly swing around, ha![/QUOTE]

It’s very important to do that or your car might startle and kick! Nothing worse than a tire in the thigh…

All of the above, plus, I regularly tell the SO to “step up” or “walk on” in public, and he does!

[QUOTE=ezduzit;6998560]
I say “Whoa, dog” all the time.

My farrier mentioned “those Arab guys” and we all knew he was speaking about men who owned Arabian horses, not middle east ethnicity. Have to be careful with that one![/QUOTE]

Yes you do! I was having happy hour with a friend and we were talking about the cute horse a barn mate of ours had on trial… I started my sentence “Normally I’m not a fan of Arabs but…” :ambivalence: I saw several sets of eyes shoot my way and had to quickly figure out how to end that sentence in a way that made it clear I was talking about a horse :lol:

I refer to the wheels on my car as I would to horse legs-like when I told the mechanic that it was the “left hind” that felt flat.

I always applaud my cattle dog’s flying changes when we’re playing ball…

When I brake fairly hard, I sit up and lift my shoulders and think “up up up”, trying to get my car to lighten in front and use its hindquarters.

Cluck at everything. Especially automatic doors.

cluckcluck Giiiiit” when people are in my way… including my boss. LOL

I use inside leg on my car when I feel it falling in through a turn.

Close my hip over bumps or when going up a hill.

I do that “ch-ch-ch-ch” sound at animals/people when I want them to stop doing something.

I go running daily, and for the most part appear to be a normal human being. Until I run up to a log or a curb. Then I count a few strides out, “can-TER” (usually on the left lead) and jump.

Funny thing is, I haven’t jumped an actual horse in years.

We had new carpeting installed at work. With the new thicker carpet it’s hard to roll your chair around. Everyone requested one of those under the desk plexi chair pads. I turned it down because I found I can work my core moving my chair forward/back/side-to-side in the thicker carpet giving me a good workout. Why does that make me happy? :lol:

[QUOTE=RedmondDressage;7004990]
Yes you do! I was having happy hour with a friend and we were talking about the cute horse a barn mate of ours had on trial… I started my sentence “Normally I’m not a fan of Arabs but…” :ambivalence: I saw several sets of eyes shoot my way and had to quickly figure out how to end that sentence in a way that made it clear I was talking about a horse :lol:[/QUOTE]

Um… This happens to me all the time. I have two Arabians and work with active-duty service members on a military base. I worry that someone’s going to overhear me talking about my Arabs and file an EO complaint on me. Luckily, everyone at work knows that I’m horse-obsessed.

When I see one of my dogs rounding the corner on the wrong lead I holler at them to fix their lead or if they’re cross cantering to fix their back end… So far they do not seem to understand :lol:

They have mastered clucking however :smiley: