Unlimited access >

Young Horse Glow Ups!

Huge glow up!

2 Likes

@trakehners I love rolling rock! It’s such an inviting atmosphere and you don’t oftentimes get to ride on grass around here!

@TatteredDaydreamer & @vxf111 thank you! He’s such an important piece of me.

2 Likes

Baby Grady

I got him in 2016 when he was almost six from his breeder, so the credit for raising him goes to her.

Hunter Grady in 2019

Jumper Grady in January of this year.

I moved him back to his breeders ~3 years ago so here we are a month ago, coming full circle.

Fun topic! Love seeing everyone’s photos.

28 Likes

He is absolutely gorgeous!!

2 Likes

Thank you. In his case it was more of a just grow up, at least based on his baby photos. I don’t have of his possibly ugly stages between 3 months and 3 years.

2 Likes

OMG he has the sweetest expression in his foal photo.

1 Like

My gelding is a very non traditional hunter lol…

He was cute as a nugget as a foal… incredibly awkward as a yearling and two year old. And then grew into a really cool mature horse as an 8 year old last year. He just started over fences and is starting lead changes. And he jumps really dang pretty for a thick, hairy horse haha.

27 Likes

Your gelding is adorable, who cares about being traditional :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Aw he is adorable

1 Like

I LOVE him!!! A friend of mine used to have a Belgian/QH cross that could jump tighter than about anything. I wish I had a pic, but I don’t. But just imagine a Belgian that measured large pony.

4 Likes

Haha so fun! I can picture a Belgian pony height in my mind- cracking around a jump! I love it!

Oh, she was awesome! Showed, foxhunted, did leadline & cross rails.

My Appaloosa as a yearling after being purchased from Canada (not by me)

I got him as a 6yo and had him almost 10 years. Oddly, I can’t seem to find a ton of pics of him older, but he is prob about 10 here. The summer before we lost him, he was still winning local conformation classes at 15 (he knew he was good looking so we still did the classes.)

21 Likes

:thinking: How did I miss this thread?
Here’s my Bugs as a just-turned-2, 2016

Last Fair we did - 2021 - held every August, Too.Dang.HOT! to be bothered now :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Now to go back & look at everyone’s Glowups :grin:

18 Likes

Adorable!

2 Likes

Wanted to share some updated pics of my boy from this past weekend! These are from the YHS in PA and he qualified in both his at liberty and jump chute classes for the finals in November! He’s going through a huge growth spurt right now, and is very uneven, but I’m so proud of him. The plan is to start him in August and hopefully enter him in qualifier for the U/S class at finals as well! He’s finally starting to look like a grown up, and I just adore him!

27 Likes

Ooh, that’s exciting!

2 Likes

Fingers crossed!!

1 Like

So close to him being undersaddle.

1 Like

I just took my 4 year old to his first hunter schooling show this past weekend. I just started him over fences mid Feb and just started him over fill a month or so ago. Of course weather was windy and freezing cold, so we had a few bucks after our first fence (all I could do is laugh really lol!), but I was so happy with him! I showed in the long stirrup division (21" and no oxers) and finished 1st (hack), 2nd, 4th, 4th and 5th. Couldn’t be happier with him!

I have a bit of a break and don’t show again until mid July but plan on taking him to 2 schooling shows across the border to WEC Ohio in August as well. Can’t wait! He is a very refined 14h BRP x Welsh and I feel huge on him, but he doesn’t seem to mind. He is for sale, so I was just planning on putting a year into him and then find the most perfect kid for him in the fall.

22 Likes