Unlimited access >

Young Jumper Trainers in Massachusetts

I know there’s been a few threads on here about this, but I wanted to put my question out in hopes that people will private message me about the different barns and trainers in the Boston area.

I work in the Framingham, MA area and am looking for barns in that area. Big things for me are turnout and experience with young jumper horses. I also want a barn that shows at a variety of shows (VT, HITS, but also smaller local stuff). I just bought a 3 year old BWP gelding who is still at his breeding farm but will most likely be coming to Mass next spring.

Trying to keep it in the 1,000 range but I know that indoors and nice facilities cost more. You get what you pay for typically.

Please let me know your thoughts and experiences!

I really appreciate it! :slight_smile:

You might want to look at Rising Star, in Medway.

Arrowhead Farm, Concord, MA. I don’t know how much board is, I don’t know if the head trainer is ethical. The facility is beautiful, with real grass turnout, and one of my former up-down students rides with Kristen Bumpus, so I hope it’s a clean program. She did ride with Paul Valliere as a junior. So the talent is there - the rest needs research.

Vincent at Cutler Farm in Medfield. I forget his last name. It’s primarily a dressage barn but he is a show jumper from France & does a fabulous job bringing along green jumpers (and riders). Shows at everything from Apple Knoll local Wed night schooling shows to Fieldstone to saugerties, Vt, Etc.

Kristin Bumpus already mentioned is good, also consider Newbury Farm/ Cory Hardy for a jumper. I think both may be above $1k for board, but I am not positive.

Just as an aside, a lot of the trainers around here that were juniors in the 80s to early 90s rode with PV if they did the big eq. He was the best around here for equitation at the time, so I wouldn’t really worry about that.