Unlimited access >

Your Early-Week Cat Thread: In Memory of Sniffy Cole

Carrying on @mvp’s tradition here.

Last month I went to our local goodwill store, hoping to find some canister sets for dry goods. I happened to stop by the jewelry display case and saw this broken watch:

Who pays eleven bucks for a broken watch? When I got home, I told my SO about the watch and he said I should have gotten it since it looks like our special little kitty, Jello. Plus he pointed out it matches one of my XC sets (turquoise and gold). “Like it was made for me,” SO said.

I went back this weekend since my last trip was a bust in the canister department. That little watch was still there. So, I caved to consumerism and bought it.

Turns out, it wasn’t broken - just a dead battery. And on the back is a heartwarming inscription:

Someone must have loved that kitty very much. It makes me smile to wear it and know I get to honor two lives - Sniffy, and whoever the cute person was who loved him.

Here it is on my wrist this morning. The little mouse moves with the seconds.

17 Likes

That actually made me tear up a little bit! RIP, Sniffy!

1 Like

I didn’t know about the inscription until I got home and SO was pulling it out of the bag. When you pick up jewelry at this place, they bag it and hold it at the front for you until you pay to deter thieves.

Believe you me, even SO got a little misty eyed at the discovery.

1 Like

What a sweet story.as well as a new way of remembering a friend.

1 Like