Unlimited access >

Your favorite Shadbelly?

I’m starting the casual look for a shadbelly (if you buy it, of course you’ll one day show the level, right?? :stuck_out_tongue: )
I am a US size 12/14 and 5’8 (why are these all cut so awkwardly??) and would prefer to be under about $700 in cost if at all possible.

Any thoughts or ideas? What have you bought that works?
Thanks!!

I recently got a Fair Play shadbelly (will find the name) in a lovely mesh material with gorgeous tonal crystal detailing. I’m obsessed with it and it was about $450.

1 Like

I have a custom shadbelly from Jo McCracken at Southeast Sport Horse. She does a great job and it’s under $600 for a shad. Good turnaround and my coat is comfortable, cool, and fun.

1 Like

I second Jo McCracken! I love my shadbelly and I get compliments on it every time I wear it.

1 Like

Beautiful. Especially when accessorized with the blue ribbon.

3 Likes

I’ve always had my eye on the Pikeurs because they’re expensive and German.

1 Like

Thanks guys! Some good ideas for me to look into!!

Every shad I’ve seen from her has been regular suiting fabric and looked quite heavy. Is she doing technical fabrics now?

Yes! Actually she only sent me athletic fabrics. Mine is stretchy and pretty light weight. It has mesh under the arms/arm pit region. It’s not comparable to my AA Motionlite short coat in hot weather, but it’s fine—I’ve worn it when coats are waived and I don’t do heat well at all.

Has anyone tried the ROMFH shadbelly?

I also have a Fair Play shadbelly and it’s gorgeous. Not necessarily the coolest fabric around, but for the price point and aesthetics, you can’t beat it.

1 Like

The new mesh ones are super cool! I bought the short coat too because I loved it so much.

1 Like

Shoot, I just bought mine last year, so not sure I can justify buying another one (ask me again in August… :rofl:), though the mesh sounds really nice!!

I bought the Montar USA Shad in Navy, at 199.00. I don’t look good in technical fabrics as a rule, but this coat is perfect, just needs sleeves taken up. I’m 5,3” 125 & busty and it looks amazing. No gaps or bulges.

The tails are neither weighted nor lined but I’ve practiced in it a few times😉 and it is perfect. And you absolutely cannot beat the price for the fabric quality & comfort.

I third (or 4th) Jo McCracken for a custom shadbelly!