Unlimited access >

Your favorite simple moments?

Thought of this, what are some of your favorite simple moments with horses that you’ve had?

Mine today was sitting in a haybale with two foals munching beside me. Something about it brings complete peace!

10 Likes

Burying your nose in the coat just for a sniff.

14 Likes

My morning Giving of Treats :blush:
After stalls are picked, horses hayed, grained & waters topped off & The Kracken (mini) released from his stall to rejoin his 16h pal sharing hay.
I stuff my pocket with treats: 4 each & sit on the bench outside my barn.
Where the neighbors are treated to me hollering “Cookies! Who wants cookies?”
All 3 meander over & line up to get their share.
Then go back to their stalls to finish hay.
Save mini, who lives in Hope of One More? & checks my pockets.

5 Likes

I stopped out to see our old man this morning to put his blanket liner on. I had the barn to myself, it was sunny and quiet.

Treat time

Hopefully the video link works. He’s 32, so we enjoy every moment we have with him.

16 Likes

He’s adorable and looks good for his age!

4 Likes

Spa Day!
You think for a moment… I should probably ride and work on XYZ. But the 8 year old girl in you whispers Nahhhhhhh…So profoundly satisfying to braid his tail.

10 Likes

At the barn in the morning, after you’ve thrown hay and feed to everybody, just sitting there for a moment listening to the sounds as they eat.

12 Likes

Getting my morning greeting from my coming 8-year-old homebred. All three geldings are always waiting for me bright and early when I head out to feed but my homebred always, always, always nickers. I was the first he saw when I broke the sac and we’ve been bonded ever since. Can’t imagine a better way to start the day.

8 Likes

Truth! I wish Alexa had a “horses munching hay” sound app. I would sleep like a baby!

5 Likes

He’s beautiful! I don’t know how many times I’ve just stood there absently braiding and unbraiding pieces of mane lol

2 Likes

That is one of my favorite sounds in the world.

3 Likes

Yesterday I took my two into the arena and let them go. It’s been ice over frozen ground here for a couple of weeks and they were both happy to stretch their legs and move without having to be concerned about the footing. Happy place! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

6 Likes

I love watching horses drink.

7 Likes

He looks just like the senior mare at our barn who is 31! My favorite thing to do is sit with her while she naps, giving her scratches and feeding her treats. She has started so many little girls’ riding obsessions and she deserves all the love in the world. I love knowing her favorite itchy spots. Love that old girl.

7 Likes

I love just sitting with my herd in the evenings while they graze. There’s something peaceful about just hanging out with them, enjoying a drink, and listening to them enjoy what I can provide.

5 Likes

Yes! Especially afterwards when they stand there with their tongues sticking out!

I also have the most content feeling wash over me when barn chores are finished, the aisle is swept, tack is cleaned and put away and horses are munching on hay. Pure heaven.

6 Likes

I like how their ears flick slightly forward and back with each swallow. I think in my head 1 gallon. 2 gallons. 3 gallons lol

6 Likes

Yes to this! It is so peaceful

When I’m fastening the belly straps on my mini’s blanket I practically have to sit on the ground and she always turns her head to sniff my face. She’s not nippy at all will just sit there really smelling me and it’s so sweet.

5 Likes

After I euthanized my QH, every night at bedtime I had to watch the video of him grazing that I had made in his last week. If I didn’t watch it I slept badly. Watching it brought me peace.

9 Likes