Zero Gravity Chair. Anyone have one?

Think this will be good for Mr. Mukluk who is recovering from L5-S1 fusion. Any thoughts/recommendations? Unfortunately all of them seem to be super expensive.

I just saw a couple in the Brylane catalog. I think they were about $100.

[QUOTE=Larksmom;8132925]
I just saw a couple in the Brylane catalog. I think they were about $100.[/QUOTE]

My husband loves his. We got from Amazon, about $75.

You could always try the patio type zero gravity chair without the big outlay of $$.

I have a chronic tailbone area pain and found the zero gravity is really the only chair I can sit in (or better recline) for any length of time (tricked out with the appropriate butt pads).

I found one at RC Willey that was $750 or so. Much better than the really nice one at another furniture store that was $2400:eek:. Although, now knowing how well it works FOR ME, I wouldn’t have minded paying that. The $750 one is working just fine although the motor is slow. The reclining mechanism is only motor driven. I don’t know how many times I have been reclining peacefully but stuck without being able to reach the phone or get up to answer the door (in a timely manner) because the motor is slow to lift me up. It worked great for my foot surgery (being able to elevate it high enough) and my recent hip surgery. It really does help alleviate pressure on at least the lumbar spine.

Susan

At present he is using my older zero gravity patio chair but we would like to have something nicer for the house… but it just amazes me how expensive they are : (

Never heard of those chairs, thought they were just one more such lawn chairs and the fancy ones were massage chairs, not special recliners.

Will have to try one.

Sadly, this is the cheapest one we can find.

http://thebackstore.com/zero-gravity-recliners/human-touch/pc-300-perfect-chair-zero-gravity-recliner.html

But it sure does look comfortable.

http://www.brylanehome.com/Home-Plus-Size-Outdoor-Collection.aspx?DeptId=27301

There was something that looked like it on another page. These look much different than yours!:smiley:

Mukluk…that is the one I got…exactly as far as I can tell and for half that price. I think the Back Store gets a premium because of the “Back” in their name. Have you looked at regular furniture stores? RC Willey is a big regional chain out here.

Susan

I used to sit in one regularly that had been modified for use as a desk chair – a desk rolled over it and suspended a flat screen monitor over you as you reclined. It was lovely – very comfortable, and, I never had any repetitive stress problems with my hands or arms. At home, I ended up buying a leather Lazboy recliner and working in it fully reclined, and found that it worked just as well. I’m not sure if this is useful for your purposes, but, if you’re going to use a zero gravity in a deep recline, you might consider just a well padded recliner. Good luck.

My husband splurged hard and got me a zero gravity massage chair. Honestly, it works. For us at least.

I’ve had back surgery and have herniations. I use that sucker as much as possible and there are days my back is starting to hurt and I get in before going to bed. It makes a huge difference.

It was a huge cost but it was cheaper than getting a masseuse as much as my doctor recommended.

I have a couple of the outdoor version zero gravity chairs. I then put a lounge chair cushion on it and I was in heaven. If this a temporary need it might do it.

Take a look on Craigslist. There are zero gravity chairs in mint condition listed near me for far cheaper than new. Not sure if Craigslist has good finds in your area, but may be worth a shot.

I thought you guys meant inversion tables until I clicked on the link. I bought an inversion table and used it exactly once for about a minute as it caused intense pain. I am currently lying in the patio type chair that I bought at Bed Bath and Beyond and while I am not crazy about having to lie down my back feels heavenly! I may have to splurge on one for the house. Thanks!

What about this one for indoors?
http://www.seventhavenue.com/The-Fully-Reclinable-Chair-With-Zero-Gravity-Technology.pro?source=c001&code=Furniture&medium=inhaus&link=22185&cm_mmc=google--PLA_Campaign--Furniture-_-22185&kpid=835024&CAID=246b4596-c23f-b3a9-ab2a-000022a47003&gclid=CJX6r4r5mccCFdSQHwodR-gDgA#customerReviews

not buying anything made in China if I can help it…

Yeah I saw the reviews weren’t so good.

Spam reported.

I have “Kahoona LM6800” zero gravity massage chair. It comes with a wide assortment of features which are inclusive of triple layers of zero gravity, dual layer shoulder airbags.

The shape of the roller trail is designed for rendering support to the back from the neck. 3D body scanning is another crucial feature of this massage chair that ensure that all the pressure points have been hit in an accurate manner.

Before buying “kahoona LM6800” I was checking for product comparisons and I found this article to be really helpful, if you find time then do check it out here: http://zorbacult.com/best-massage-chairs/