Unlimited access >

2001 Best of the BB Awards...

It’s a slow Friday here in my cubicle. And it’s 12/7 - so I think we can start reflecting on the year of 2001.

Reply by quoting the following list and adding the answers in your reply.

1. Your Favorite Thread of the Year -
  2. Thread that has impacted you the most -
  3. Thread that just wouldn’t die -
  4. Thread that you wish had never died -
  5. Topic that has given you re-occuring nightmares -
  6. Person who posts for no reason but to see thei name in lights -
  7. Best username -
  8. Most annoying username -
  9. Most inspirational poster -
  10. Poster in most need of visiting a sanitarium -
  11. Poster whose threads you look most forward to reading -
  12. Poster who you want to come back as in your enxt life -
  13. Poster who you most want to meet in person -
  14. Clique that you most want to be a member of -
  15. Poster whose horse you would jump in front of a train for -
  16. Poster that always puts you in a good mood -
  17. Most Valuable Friend/s that you have gained as a result of this BB -
  18. Most memorable event from the BB this year -
  19. Poster who you want to "vote off the island -
  20. Thing you would change most about the BB -
  21. What you like best about the BB -
  22. Has any - one/thing/topic - changed the way you live?
  23. In general - how was 2001 for you?

Have a super weekend!

1. Your Favorite Thread of the Year - MOESHA’S BB MOVIE THREAD AND ANY THREAD THAT PUTS DOWN SEA URCHIN.
  2. Thread that has impacted you the most - SLEEPING ARRANGEMENTS AT WIHS
  3. Thread that just wouldn’t die - ALEX TREBEK’S TRIVIA THREAD.
  4. Thread that you wish had never died - MOESHA’S BB MOVIE THREAD AND 2000 DRUNKEN BRAWL AT RALEIGH (STILL A CLASSIC)
  5. Topic that has given you re-occuring nightmares - COLIN AND ANYTHING INVOLVING INDIO.
  6. Person who posts for no reason but to see thei name in lights - RHYMES WITH ZOLIN
  7. Best username - MAD
  8. Most annoying username - ANYTHING THAT HAS NUMBERS
  9. Most inspirational poster - DMK/KACHOO/MOESHA
  10. Poster in most need of visiting a sanitarium - COLIN - DUH.
  11. Poster whose threads you look most forward to reading - TACKY GIRTH, LOVETTSVILLE, ALEX TREBEK, MOESHA, COLIN, SLUGGER, SLUGGER’S TRAINER, HEIDI-HOE, SEA URCHIN
  12. Poster who you want to come back as in your enxt life - NOT SURE, DEFINITELY NOT COLIN, B/C I WOULDN’T WANT TO BE ENGAGED TO A MAN WHO PLAYED FOR A DIFFERENT TEAM
  13. Poster who you most want to meet in person - HEIDI-HOE, SUNNYSTRH, 'KLU, ROCKFORD, LEAPER3
  14. Clique that you most want to be a member of - I BELIEVE I AM ALREADY A MEMBER
  15. Poster whose horse you would jump in front of a train for - C.BOYLEN’S ELCANA, LEAPER3’S SARATOGA TE AND ROCKFORD’S ROCKFORD…NO DOUBT ABOUT IT.
  16. Poster that always puts you in a good mood - MOESHA AND SEA URCHIN ET AL.
  17. Most Valuable Friend/s that you have gained as a result of this BB - WAY TOO MANY TO NAME
  18. Most memorable event from the BB this year - COLIN RIDING WITH TOMMY AT MIDDLEBURG, COLIN SHOWING PK AT MIDDLEBURG AND WATCHING SEA URCHIN GETTING TAKEN OFF WITH ON THE OUTSIDE COURSE 3-4 TIMES AT MIDDLEBURG. COLIN DIDN’T EMBARRASS ME NEARLY AS BADLY AS I WAS ANTICIPATING. ROLEXH BEING PREGNANT WAS ALSO PRETTY COOL.
  19. Poster who you want to “vote off the island” - SOME EVENTERS AND SOME JUNIORS
  20. Thing you would change most about the BB - IN THE DISCLAIMER THAT YOU HAVE TO “AGREE” TO WHEN YOU SIGN UP, HAVE SOMETHING IN THERE THAT STATES - NO ONE WHO SHOWS IN RUST BREECHES, TALL RUBBER BOOTS, UN-MONOGRAMMED CHOKERS, A SHOW BOW, OR SLEEVELSS SHOW SHIRT NEED POST - BUT WAIT, THEN COLIN AND SEA URCHIN COULDN’T POST! LOL - JUST KIDDING.
  21. What you like best about the BB - THE PLETHORA OF 25-ISH, STRAIGHT MALE RIDERS THAT POST HERE :ROLLEYES:
  22. Has any - one/thing/topic - changed the way you live? I WEAR THONGS EVERY DAY AND EVERY NIGHT, AND I WON’T EVEN CONSIDER WEARING A HELMET WITH A CHIN STRAP.
  23. In general - how was 2001 for you? CRAPTASTIC WITH A CAPITAL “C”

<BLOCKQUOTE class=“ip-ubbcode-quote”><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Everythingbutwings:

Do so very much hope you will attend one of the gatherings (Frying Pan is so well behaved!) soon.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I keep missing the get-togethers! I’m so sad. Mosby’s is just a loooong drive from Annapolis on a Sunday night.

I would love to make a Fryng Pan get-together sometime though.

<BLOCKQUOTE class=“ip-ubbcode-quote”><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by VTrider:

OK!

1. Your Favorite Thread of the Year - anything having to do with amateur riders.

2. Thread that has impacted you the most - I eat lots of fiber, so am rarely impacted.

3. Thread that just wouldn’t die - helmets

4. Thread that you wish had never died - hmmm

5. Topic that has given you re-occuring nightmares - those pics of SU

6. Person who posts for no reason but to see thei name in lights - VTrider

7. Best username - Lordhelpus

8. Most annoying username - Obliviousjumper

9. Most inspirational poster - FLASH44!!!

10. Poster in most need of visiting a sanitarium - VTrider, and stay there!

11. Poster whose threads you look most forward to reading - Moesha

12. Poster who you want to come back as in your enxt life - Hmm, who here has the most money?

13. Poster who you most want to meet in person - McLain Ward

14. Clique that you most want to be a member of - I’m not much of a joiner

15. Poster whose horse you would jump in front of a train for - slugger

16. Poster that always puts you in a good mood - duffy and dmk, their wit and wisdom

17. Most Valuable Friend/s that you have gained as a result of this BB - I don’t have any friends

18. Most memorable event from the BB this year - 9/11

19. Poster who you want to "vote off the island - VTrider. Well, maybe leave her around for entertainment purposes.

20. Thing you would change most about the BB - I wish we could give eachother little electrical shocks via the keyboard.

21. What you like best about the BB - anonymity

22. Has any - one/thing/topic - changed the way you live? Well, i spend way too much time here.

23. In general - how was 2001 for you? Good, had fun, kept my day job, learned how to sew.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Use the Force.

1. Your Favorite Thread of the Year - Peeps!

2. Thread that has impacted you the most - Horse Rescue

3. Thread that just wouldn’t die - Christians

4. Thread that you wish had never died - Internet Horse Show

5. Topic that has given you re-occuring nightmares - M_J

6. Person who posts for no reason but to see thei name in lights - Clarke County

7. Best username - Off Course

8. Most annoying username - pRiNcEsS

9. Most inspirational poster - Regina Pony

10. Poster in most need of visiting a sanitarium -I can’t go there - some think it would be me!`

11. Poster whose threads you look most forward to reading - Heidi

12. Poster who you want to come back as in your enxt life - Duffy

13. Poster who you most want to meet in person - Robby Johnson

14. Clique that you most want to be a member of -
    Skip

15. Poster whose horse you would jump in front of a train for - Jair - If I got Lovely Alice, I would get to meet Jair, too!

16. Poster that always puts you in a good mood - Louise

17. Most Valuable Friend/s that you have gained as a result of this BB - Kennett Square, VTrider, Duffy, RumoursFollow, HN73, Clive’s Mom, Fairweather, Elghund, Cactus Lil, Kryswyn, artienallie, Jane Ervin, Louise, Heidi, Jair, Robby Johnson, Morrissey, larosa90, Inverness, Moesha, Miss Xani, N2Jumpers, Hobson, Dru, Ryan, ErinB, correene, AHC, Colin, Sea Urchin, lisamarie8, dogchushu, Miniwelsh, Trixie, AnyplaceFarm, DMK, SoEasy, Portia, Heidi, kellybird, I am so fortunate I can’t list them all

18. Most memorable event from the BB this year - Resurrection of The Peeps when needed to turn nastyness around

19. Poster who you want to "vote off the island - II annoy almost everyone at some time or another so I better not throw stones.

20. Thing you would change most about the BB - Spell checker!

21. What you like best about the BB - all the members, moderators included

22. Has any - one/thing/topic - changed the way you live? The very first Middleburg Classic/Mosby’s thread that encouraged me to come out and meet everyone. I am so glad I did!

23. In general - how was 2001 for you? Good/Bad/Indifferent/Boring/Exciting/Devastatingly Sad/Incredibly Happy

<BLOCKQUOTE class=“ip-ubbcode-quote”><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Posted by VTRider:
7. Best username - MAD
13. Poster who you most want to meet in person - HEIDI-HOE, SUNNYSTRH, 'KLU, ROCKFORD, LEAPER3
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

VTRider - you like my NAME but don’t want to MEET me!!??

It’s a slow Friday here in my cubicle. And it’s 12/7 - so I think we can start reflecting on the year of 2001.

1. Your Favorite Thread of the Year - Too many to name.
  2. Thread that has impacted you the most - Sept. 11
  3. Thread that just wouldn’t die - That helmet thread that was like 15 pages long. It finally died!
  4. Thread that you wish had never died - Junior Clique
  5. Topic that has given you re-occuring nightmares - That fat girl smoking and drinking in the pool. Yikes.
  6. Person who posts for no reason but to see thei name in lights - Catherine and Katie
  7. Best username - Feathered Bubble Head
  8. Most annoying username - Pas Petit Detail or whatever…too damn hard to say…lol
  9. Most inspirational poster - Duffy
  10. Poster in most need of visiting a sanitarium - Sea Urchin…He is a very disturbed individual…lol
  11. Poster whose threads you look most forward to reading - Feathered Bubble Head
  12. Poster who you want to come back as in your enxt life - VtRider
  13. Poster who you most want to meet in person - Feathered Bubble Head, All of the VA clique
  14. Clique that you most want to be a member of - None of them. They are annoying. LOL
  15. Poster whose horse you would jump in front of a train for - sluggers, Duffy’s Riley (when she had him, Colin’s Pete, VtRider’s PK, and of course my horse. LOL
  16. Poster that always puts you in a good mood - Feathered Bubble Head
  17. Most Valuable Friend/s that you have gained as a result of this BB - VTRider, Duffy…not real life friends though…oh yeah and Dru
  18. Most memorable event from the BB this year - hmmm???
  19. Poster who you want to "vote off the island - Anyone who pisses me or my friends off.
  20. Thing you would change most about the BB - ???
  21. What you like best about the BB - The pics…lol
  22. Has any - one/thing/topic - changed the way you live? Nope
  23. In general - how was 2001 for you?
    Alright

Ryan

“Everyone is kneaded out of the same dough but not baked in the same oven.”

I think eventers and hunters have a lot more in common than you think.

Who do you think we sell our bad jumpers to, VT??? I mean, really…these eventers provide good homes for some of our pukes! We should be nicer to them.

[I]“If you can’t beat 'em with brains, beat 'em with bullshit!”

• Tommy Serio, 2001[/I]
  1. Your Favorite Thread of the Year - Eeeks - so many…hmmm Guess I have to go w/ the majority here and say The Virtual Horse Show Threads!
  2. Thread that has impacted you the most - 9/11 and the USA Eq/AHSA/USET ones
  3. Thread that just wouldn’t die - HELMETS!!! geesh
  4. Thread that you wish had never died -
  5. Topic that has given you re-occuring nightmares - How can it be other than MJ
  6. Person who posts for no reason but to see thei name in lights - Can’t answer that one!
  7. Best username - LordHelpus
  8. Most annoying username - agree w/ the upper and lower case stuff
  9. Most inspirational poster - Reginapony and LordHelpus
  10. Poster in most need of visiting a sanitarium - there are a few…don’t need to mention names
  11. Poster whose threads you look most forward to reading - my fellow esteemed VA Clique members, and their adoptees, DMK, Merry, Beezer, Heidi, the Moderators, LaurieB, my fellow BB Guides, my adopted children, Jeb (even though he hardly ever posts anymore - waaaah), fellow Baby Greenie Clique members…and many others!
  12. Poster who you want to come back as in your enxt life - Kachoo
  13. Poster who you most want to meet in person - Too many to name!!!
  14. Clique that you most want to be a member of - Already member of the Baby Greenie and VA
  15. Poster whose horse you would jump in front of a train for - I feel like I’ve already done that for my new one!
  16. Poster that always puts you in a good mood - Merry & Beezer
  17. Most Valuable Friend/s that you have gained as a result of this BB - I have actually met so many fellow BBers and have yet to find I don’t like! There are still so many I wish to meet!!!
  18. Most memorable event from the BB this year - The incredible empathy shown by bbers on quite a few threads this year
  19. Poster who you want to "vote off the island - not going to say
  20. Thing you would change most about the BB - Wish there was a way to have it automatically kick off liars and mean-spirited posters
  21. What you like best about the BB - I adore my bb virtual and real-life friends and it remains part of what helps keep me from going insane at times!
  22. Has any - one/thing/topic - changed the way you live? My next helmet will be approved
  23. In general - how was 2001 for you? Definitely had ups and downs, but my fellow BBers were always there to help make me feel better. Thank you so much! Happy Holidays to all!
  1. Your Favorite Thread of the Year - all the ones about the hunters from the days of old.
  2. Thread that has impacted you the most - ???
  3. Thread that just wouldn’t die - christian equestrian… choke me with a spatula
  4. Thread that you wish had never died - the one that talked about how cute my horsey is!! Oh wait, I was pretty much the only one contributing…
  5. Topic that has given you re-occuring nightmares - the christian equestrian one
  6. Person who posts for no reason but to see their name in lights - VTrider and Spaz
  7. Best username - Lord Helpus!!
  8. Most annoying username - Feathered Bubble Head… sorry, nothing against you, its just that the name makes me imagine someone with a chicken duct taped to their helmet.
  9. Most inspirational poster - ???
  10. Poster in most need of visiting a sanitarium - ErinB and Spaz
  11. Poster whose threads you look most forward to reading - Spaz… she’s a freak, but that makes her interesting.
  12. Poster who you want to come back as in your next life - tle!! I’m a fan!
  13. Poster who you most want to meet in person - Portia
  14. Clique that you most want to be a member of - uhhh… i’m happy with my current cliques.
  15. Poster whose horse you would jump in front of a train for - tle’s
  16. Poster that always puts you in a good mood - Spaz… geesh, you sure are getting a lot of votes from me. Did I mention how much I love your brother???
  17. Most Valuable Friend that you have gained as a result of this BB - Nickelodian
  18. Most memorable event from the BB this year - the GM “classes”
  19. Poster who you want to “vote off the island” - ooo, thats harsh.
  20. Thing you would change most about the BB - get rid of the snotty juniors. The cool ones can stay, the rest boot kicked to the curb.
  21. What you like best about the BB - the people of course
  22. Has any - one/thing/topic - changed the way you live? umm, i dont think so…
  23. In general - how was 2001 for you? iiiiinteresting, veddy iiiiinteresting

-Amanda

“do you believe in rock and roll? Can music save your mortal soul?”

Janet you know very well you use the Satans fire breathing poling kit 2002!

and I was over hanging out or doing something…hehehehehe!

Were you really at my BBQ? Don’t remember that??? hehehehehehe!

[I]“If you can’t beat 'em with brains, beat 'em with bullshit!”

• Tommy Serio, 2001[/I]
  1. Your Favorite Thread of the Year - The GM classes; I loved reading those and can’t believe how much I learned from them.

2. Thread that has impacted you the most - I’ve gotta go with the crowd here and say the 9/11 threads.

3. Thread that just wouldn’t die - Don’t make me say the “H” word!

4. Thread that you wish had never died - The “show your photos from riding in the olden days” thread (don’t remember it’s exact name), I LOVED those pics.

5. Topic that has given you re-occuring nightmares - The “Worst Jumping Photos” threads… I had visions of awful crashes in my head for days.

6. Person who posts for no reason but to see thei name in lights - No one on THIS board, surely not.

7. Best username - Brylintrip; Findeight.

8. Most annoying username - Stupid Child; Oblivious Jumper (I have nothing against you guys, I just don’t understand using a name to insult yourself).

9. Most inspirational poster - reginapony, Kachoo, Chanda, and Inverness (I’m so glad there’s another beginner out there).

10. Poster in most need of visiting a sanitarium - I would say Colin, but that would take her away from the BB and she’s much too entertaining.

11. Poster whose threads you look most forward to reading - ETBW (though she always makes me hungry!)

12. Poster who you want to come back as in your next life - Kachoo, she seems like she has such fun and lot of talent.

13. Poster who you most want to meet in person - A lot of them, but if I had to pick, I’d say DMK and Heidi; both seem like extremely intelligent, interesting people.

14. Clique that you most want to be a member of - The MD/VA clique! They’re so close to me for crying out loud!

15. Poster whose horse you would jump in front of a train for - Gotta say Fairweather’s Phoenix. After seeing him at FPP and hearing his story, that horsey earned a place in my heart.

16. Poster that always puts you in a good mood - Flash ALWAYS makes me laugh.

17. Most Valuable Friend/s that you have gained as a result of this BB - Everyone I met at FPP was wonderful. And Flash, even though she thinks she has no friends, is fun to watch at shows (she rides very well and has a great horsey).

18. Most memorable event from the BB this year - The COTH rescue a horse effort.

19. Poster who you want to "vote off the island - I’m going to excercise my right to remain silent on this one.

20. Thing you would change most about the BB - More smilees! Spellchecker!

21. What you like best about the BB - I’ve learned a ton here, and it’s the best tool around to help me procrastinate at work!

22. Has any - one/thing/topic - changed the way you live? I’m a MUCH better procrastinator these days.

23. In general - how was 2001 for you? Ugh. Up and down and down and up and then down again. But it’s ending on a good note!

Whatever Robby! Plese Mr. Backwoods Arkansas, Paul Bunion, Big Foot , Nasty, food stamp, triflin, cracklin licking, tofu crunching, wannabe granola bar!

p.s. What is Vanity 6?

and another thing that K-mart blue light independence card bought plastic super friends watch you and tle are going by stopped ticking a long time ago!

He didn’t say YOU were annoying! just the username … which is a totally different thing! REALLY

I’m all choked up! Willem and I can’t wait to meet you, Dave and Lucy. We feel the same way.

HEY - maybe you can fly down early on a Saturday a.m. and go pull an overnighter in Indio with the other BBers! One of the boarders at our barn owns a hotel/motel very close by. Could Lucy stand it without you for a night?

I for one was being totally serious. Moesha does love his Big Juan

Vanity 6 was indeed Appelonia’s band. Ah, the days of good acting and Purple Rain and that ever sexy Prince. I would give up many an estate owner for a night with that little man (again folks, Miniwelsh does indeed love horses and nice ones at that, but is also quite sarcastic and is not quite as mch of a golddigger as many believe her to be. That said, all trust funds may apply here - I would be happy to be a nouveau riche hunter princess

Behind every good woman lies a trail of men

^^ LOL sorry but wouldn’t that be the cutest pony name?

Well, I don’t hate you! For what it’s worth!

~Erin
Visit my Website
Member, Night Owl Support Group

1. Your Favorite Thread of the Year ? Junior Clique Thread (or was that last year?)
  2. Thread that has impacted you the most ? MJ thread, in various ways.
  3. Thread that just wouldn’t die ? Those stupid helmet threads. Just wear the dern helmet already.
  4. Thread that you wish had never died ? I love threads with pictures.
  5. Topic that has given you re-occurring nightmares - None
  6. Person who posts for no reason but to see their name in lights ? A few of the juniors (blue52)
  7. Best username ? Lord Helpus
  8. Most annoying username ? You mean, ones where I shudder when I see they have posted yet again? No comment…
  9. Most inspirational poster ? For people my age- ErinB. For adults- Moesha. Some day I will be as funny as him! Merry, Lord Helpus and heidi as well- all exceptional people!
  10. Poster in most need of visiting a sanitarium ? I think this one is kind of obvious??
  11. Poster whose threads you look most forward to reading ? Depends on the thread! I love Brilyntrip’s posts, and Colin’s always make me laugh.
  12. Poster who you want to come back as in your next life - slugger - or rather, come back as her daughter.
  13. Poster who you most want to meet in person ? slugger (duh!), Sluggers Trainer, Stupid Child, Duffy, Spider, Louise and Colin.
  14. Clique that you most want to be a member of ? Any clique but the Canadian Clique!!
  15. Poster whose horse you would jump in front of a train for ? Sluggers, DMKs, Stupid Childs or AHCs.
  16. Poster that always puts you in a good mood ? slugger!!, Stupid Child (do we see a pattern here?) heidi and Moesha.
  17. Most Valuable Friend/s that you have gained as a result of this BB ? Most of the juniors ? Stupid Child in particular. Slugger, Canter and Heidi (EMG as well) West Coast and FIGJAM.
  18. Most memorable event from the BB this year ? When I got yelled at for having a different opinion than everyone else.
  19. Poster who you want to "vote off the island ? No comment- she knows who she is.
  20. Thing you would change most about the BB ? Helmet threads should be banned!!!
  21. What you like best about the BB ? The people, the diversity, easy access, reason for not doing homework, etc etc.
  22. Has any - one/thing/topic - changed the way you live? Nope
  23. In general - how was 2001 for you? New horse, and met one of the best people in the world, so not bad overall.

~I am an angel on a field trip from heaven ~

one of these days when I stop traffic in Middleburg, someone other than Luvs 2 Clean is gonna pull over. Big bank account=okay to be stupid Just ask Marlena Kent Cooke

Behind every good woman lies a trail of men