Unlimited access >

2001 Best of the BB Awards...

Stacy? CHEERFUL?? No dear, thats just the crack talking.

And HOW exactly is my user name self descriptive, huh??? Inquiring minds wish to know.

-Amanda

“do you believe in rock and roll? Can music save your mortal soul?”

why am I having flashbacks to Girl 6 and a man in a jock strap hitting basballs into the crowd???

Behind every good woman lies a trail of men

1. Your Favorite Thread of the Year - Hmmm… Picture threads
  2. Thread that has impacted you the most - 9-11
  3. Thread that just wouldn’t die - Helmets
  4. Thread that you wish had never died - the thread about Touch of Class
  5. Topic that has given you re-occuring nightmares - MJ thread
  6. Person who posts for no reason but to see thei name in lights - ryan
  7. Best username - Lord Helpus
  8. Most annoying username - stupid child. it just annoys me!
  9. Most inspirational poster - spaz. she’s… a spaz
  10. Poster in most need of visiting a sanitarium - colin
  11. Poster whose threads you look most forward to reading - kachoo and lord helpus
  12. Poster who you want to come back as in your next life - again, kachoo and lord helpus
  13. Poster who you most want to meet in person - linda allen or lord helpus, i bet ya’ll are incredibly intresting
  14. Clique that you most want to be a member of - ugh, cliques…
  15. Poster whose horse you would jump in front of a train for - findeights, oh and i love VTRider’s horse
  16. Poster that always puts you in a good mood - erinb
  17. Most Valuable Friend/s that you have gained as a result of this BB - Nickelodian, defintaly
  18. Most memorable event from the BB this year - 9-11, or the helmet rule
  19. Poster who you want to "vote off the island - i won’t comment, she might hurt me
  20. Thing you would change most about the BB - the foolish, nonsense posts in the middle of serious conversation
  21. What you like best about the BB - being able to talk to some really incredible horsemen
  22. Has any - one/thing/topic - well, meeting nickelodian and leaving my old barn has defintaly impacted my life
  23. In general - wow, my highest highs and my lowest lows.

Your favorite thread of the year - The Virtual Horse Show hands down!! I can’t wait for another one!!

Thread that has impacted you the most - Sadly the 9/11, I’ll never forget how I intially thought what a sick joke some troll was pulling on the BB. I so wish that had been all it really was, a very sick joke…

Thread that just wouldn’t die - Oh for heaven’s sake, those pesky “helmets”. Geeze kids just get over it and wear 'em. At least they WON"T KILL YOU!!

Thread that you wish had never died - Virtual Horse Show!

Topic that has given you re-occuring nightmares - Musical_Jumper, that was truly sad. I wish we could have done something. By the way, is she no longer on the BB?

Person who posts for no reason but to see their name in lights - No comment, I think everyone should feel free to post!

Best user name - I love LordHelpUs and I also like Kachoo’s!

Most annoying username - TheOI=OnEsThAtGoUp&DOwnLIkeThiS

Most inspirational poster - ReginaPony

Poster in most need of visiting a sanitarium - Moesha (but I love his post, and hope to meet he and everyone else in the East Coast Clinque one day!)

Poster whose threads you look most forward to reading - Kachoo, Colin, VTRider and Moesha

Poster who you want to come back as in your next life - Kachoo (I want her horses and PARENTS)!

Poster who you most want to meet in person - Colin, Moesha, LordHelpUs, Merry, Beezer, Portia, and TxBroncBuster (a/ka/ Mickee Shaw)

Clique that you most want to be a member of - All of them!

Poster whose horse you would jump in front of a train for - Kachoo’s Camain and Cest’CBon (sic)

Poster that always puts you in a good mood - Kachoo and Moesha

Most Valuable Friend/s that you have gained as a result of this BB - Portia, Jo, Mickee Shaw and others in the Texas Clinque. We really need to have our own Get Together soon!! We could all meet at one of the shows or even one evening at some watering hole like they do (in Virginia) with Moseby’s!

Most memorable event from the BB this year - 9/11 and the Virtual Horse Show.

Poster who you want to “vote off the island” - I love everyone here!

Thing you would change most about the BB - spell check!!

What you like best about the BB - the wealth of knowledge and the willingness to share our experiences with others.

Has any one thing/topic changed the way you live - well I don’t get nearly as much work done as before I’d found this BB!!

In general - how was 2001 for you? I’m BLESSED, and I have no complaints!!

Member Of The Texas Clique & BEQS

1. Your Favorite Thread of the Year -
    Virtual Horse Show

2. Most annoying username -
    Anything that changes so you can’t recognize who it is anymore

3. Most inspirational poster -
    Kachoo

4. Poster in most need of visiting a sanitarium -
    Me

5. Poster whose threads you look most forward to reading -
    All of them but Kachoo’s are definitely fun

6. Poster who you want to come back as in your enxt life -
    Oh god, definitely Kachoo! Duh!!

7. Poster who you most want to meet in person -
    All of the CA clique

8. Clique that you most want to be a member of -
    I wouldn’t mind being in the Vertically Challenged clique(then I would fit my horse better)

9. Poster whose horse you would jump in front of a train for -
    All of them (but I really love Caimen)

10. Poster that always puts you in a good mood -
    Kachoo, Merry & Beezer

11. Most Valuable Friend/s that you have gained as a result of this BB -
    Chef Chef Chef!!!

12. Thing you would change most about the BB -
    SPELLCHECKER!

13. What you like best about the BB -
    It is my virtual barn (since I am alone at home)

14. Has any - one/thing/topic - changed the way you live?-
    All of the great advice has helped my life, my riding and my horse to become better.

<BLOCKQUOTE class=“ip-ubbcode-quote”><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Oh yes she did…and remember - eventers wear granny briefs - thongs would actually cause them to have one sleek line <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

“Number XXX is now on course - with a wedgy”.

I love you too, VT!

[I]“If you can’t beat 'em with brains, beat 'em with bullshit!”

• Tommy Serio, 2001[/I]

I do believe Ms. Flashy Gray has been consecrated, pollinated, and initiated into the VA Clique!

<BLOCKQUOTE class=“ip-ubbcode-quote”><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Eventers wear granny briefs with the big ole elastic gusset waistband hiked up real high so they can tuck their dork “help-me-I’ve-fallen-x-country-and-I-can’t-get-up” body protector vests into 'em. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I’m visualizing!

I had no idea you loved me so much

<BLOCKQUOTE class=“ip-ubbcode-quote”><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Everythingbutwings:

1. Has any - one/thing/topic - changed the way you live? The very first Middleburg Classic/Mosby’s thread that encouraged me to come out and meet everyone. I am so glad I did!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

And just whow as responsible for that thread, miss Wings???

[I]“If you can’t beat 'em with brains, beat 'em with bullshit!”

• Tommy Serio, 2001[/I]

<BLOCKQUOTE class=“ip-ubbcode-quote”><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ClipClop:
“Question for Canter” thread!
It was ONLY the best thread ever
And I do recall it beating the CA thread by a landslide. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ahem - perhaps you need to review page 2

<BLOCKQUOTE class=“ip-ubbcode-quote”><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by VTrider:
It’s a slow Friday here in my cubicle. And it’s 12/7 - so I think we can start reflecting on the year of 2001.

Reply by quoting the following list and adding the answers in your reply.

1. Your Favorite Thread of the Year - The White Trash thread. Suzy made me laugh so hard at my desk that a co-worker came in to check on me!
  2. Thread that has impacted you the most - I will also go with the 9/11 posts, though the Nostradamus one really was the best, to me. I’ve always been a bit spooked by Nostradamus and this opened up a lot of factual sites that I likely would’ve never seen.
  3. Thread that just wouldn’t die - The California Clique thread. At last count, how big was it?
  4. Thread that you wish had never died - I don’t remember. There were so many.
  5. Topic that has given you re-occuring nightmares - I get gout from the helmet threads, and all of those damned Sea Urchin threads.
  6. Person who posts for no reason but to see thei name in lights - Colin
  7. Best username - hitchinmygetalong
  8. Most annoying username - everyone be nice!
  9. Most inspirational poster - Weatherford
  10. Poster in most need of visiting a sanitarium - Colin
  11. Poster whose threads you look most forward to reading - Heidi-ugh
  12. Poster who you want to come back as in your enxt life - Fred (vintage Hermes, looks like Grace Kelly, and owns A Fine Romance, musician husband … what more could a girl (or boy) want?)
  13. Poster who you most want to meet in person - Jeb and Jair, as well as Fred, who I will meet in June
  14. Clique that you most want to be a member of - Virginia
  15. Poster whose horse you would jump in front of a train for - Fred (A Fine Romance)
  16. Poster that always puts you in a good mood - Jeb
  17. Most Valuable Friend/s that you have gained as a result of this BB - Well, I’ve never met them, but Jair and Jeb for sure. They are my homeboys.
  18. Most memorable event from the BB this year - Everyone’s support and grieving during the 9/11 attacks, even though it started getting on my nerves after a few days, when every thread was about 9/11.
  19. Poster who you want to "vote off the island - everyone play nice! Email me and I’ll tell you!
  20. Thing you would change most about the BB - I think Off Course shouldn’t be held to the OT standard. We’re all friends here and I think we should be allowed to chat about whatever.
  21. What you like best about the BB - The specificity of each forum, as well as the genuine camaraderie most posters demonstrate
  22. Has any - one/thing/topic - changed the way you live? In terms of? Many things have made me who I am today. Are you talking about the bb having an influence? Probably. I spend a lot of time here. There is much knowledge to share and from which we can all learn.
  23. In general - how was 2001 for you? Fabulous. And a very “growing” year. I sent Willow to Canada, which was a huge deal for me. I turned 30, which has been fantastic. I started working out and have achieved many personal goals for becoming a better person.

Have a super weekend!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I need to revise mine, so I am starting over.

1. Your Favorite Thread of the Year - I WOULD SAY JUNIOR CLIQUE BUT IT WAS KIND OF ANNOYING. SO VIRTUAL HORSE SHOW AND BABY GREEN SUPPORT GROUP.
  2. Thread that has impacted you the most - NONE REALLY.
  3. Thread that just wouldn’t die - PAUL VALLIERE
  4. Thread that you wish had never died - JUNIOR CLIQUE…AS ANNOYING AS IT WAS IT SHOULD STILL BE OPEN!
  5. Topic that has given you re-occuring nightmares - ANY THAT HAVE TO DO WITH EVENTING. EEK!
  6. Person who posts for no reason but to see thei name in lights - NICKOLODEAN
  7. Best username - LORDHELPUS, HAVAKLU (JUST GOT THAT ONE), FEATHERED BUBBLE HEAD (UNTIL SHE CHANGED IT)
  8. Most annoying username - BENNET & BAILEY…FOR SOME REASON
  9. Most inspirational poster - DUFFY, COREENE
  10. Poster in most need of visiting a sanitarium - COLIN, SEA URCHIN (SOME OF THOSE PICS…EEK), VTRIDER (WHY THE HELL WOULD YOU WANT TO CUT COWS WHEN YOU COULD BE SHOWING YOUR PERFECT PEEKAY?)
  11. Poster whose threads you look most forward to reading - FLUFFY FEATHERS OR WHATEVER SHE CHANGED HER NAME TO
  12. Poster who you want to come back as in your enxt life - SLUGGER…HER HORSES…WOW
  13. Poster who you most want to meet in person - VTRIDER (THANKS FOR MENTIONING ME… :*(…) FLUFFY FEATHERS, DMK
  14. Clique that you most want to be a member of - VA CLIQUE
  15. Poster whose horse you would jump in front of a train for - SLUGGERS ROBBIE, RF’S RUMOUR, DMK’S ROBBIE, VTRIDER’S PK, LORDHELPUS’S WARREN, CHEF’S JADE, JUSTICE’S JUSTICE, MERRY’S HAMMIE, AND THE GOOSE’S PARKER!
  16. Poster that always puts you in a good mood - VTRIDER AND COLIN
  17. Most Valuable Friend/s that you have gained as a result of this BB - ETBW, GOOSIE!, VTRIDER, DUFFY, DRU, ETBW, RAM (SORT OF), ETHAN’S MOM (KINDA…LOL), AND BEV BEDARD (KIND OF AGAIN)…THE SORT OF AND KIND OF’S ARE JUST BECAUSE I WOULDN’T CALL US FRIENDS BUT I HAVE MET THEM IN PERSON
  18. Most memorable event from the BB this year - VIRTUAL HORSE SHOW
  19. Poster who you want to "vote off the island - VTRIDER CAUSE I AM NOT HER FRIEND AND SHE IS A CUTTER AND ALL THOSE EVENTERS
  20. Thing you would change most about the BB - SWEARING ALOUD…HAHA
  21. What you like best about the BB - I DUNNO…PROBABLY THAT YOU CAN ASK A QUESTION AND GET A KNOWLEDGEABLE RESPONSE IN LIKE 5 MINUTES.
  22. Has any - one/thing/topic - changed the way you live? - NOPE
  23. In general - how was 2001 for you? OK I GOT A REALLY AWESOME FIRST HORSE!

Ryan

“Everyone is kneaded out of the same dough but not baked in the same oven.”

Robby… can I join you and Portia for that drink at Rolex?

Ok… I’ve been contemplating asking this question for about 8 pages now, but I’m kind of scared to ask. But I gotta know… can someone give me the very brief readers digest version of the MJ saga? Seems everyone knows what it is but me. I don’t want ot start it all over again cuz obviously it was a doozy… just want to know what all the fuss is about.

If Dressage is a Symphony… Eventing is Rock & Roll!

Just saw my post and I have to correct two things real quick.

20. Should have read 20,000 threads on the same topic, not 20,000 topics on the same thing.

22. The last line should have read: To ALL the servicemembers, I wish you guys a SAFE ride home, not sfe.

My fault!

<BLOCKQUOTE class=“ip-ubbcode-quote”><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by tle:
Quote: "

Moesha… you need to just back yourself down, Miss Princess. Don’t come in here throwin’ THAT attitude at me, ah-ite?! You just go back to your corner and sit there Miss trainer-dependent, posin’ for the judge, crest releasing, stride counting, everything matching enough to make Martha Stewart sick, wish you could gallop with the big boys wannabe!

If Dressage is a Symphony… Eventing is Rock & Roll!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

woah there, Miss Tajuana Lolita Evans - now you are messin’ wit my main man. Like, hel-lo??/ moeha does the jumpers, which for you lost in space eventers is like your showjumping section with more class, finesse and a nicer horse

And for the record, Moesha is only dependent on the Big Juan

Behind every good woman lies a trail of men

I haven’t been on long enough to comment on most of these, but I’m having a blast wasting time here trying to catch up on everything.

Thanks so much to Fairweather for inviting me to the FPP outing, where I got to meet a bunch of you, I wish I could have gone on Sunday night, but I was exhausted. I’d been to a party that didn’t end until 4am Sunday morning .

Now, that whole eventers/hunters/jumpers thing…I WANT to do it all (well, except showing dressage )! But, can’t deal with hanging out for hours on end because you never know when your class will come up in the hunters/jumpers.

Fun crowd, and I’ll try to come to the next outing.

Mel

1. Your Favorite Thread of the Year - Ummm… maybe the daily funnies? Actually I really like the amateur threads, getting there quickly!

2. Thread that has impacted you the most - running with the crowd here, especially the rainbow bridge one.

3. Thread that just wouldn’t die - the one about those things that go on your head

4. Thread that you wish had never died - err…

5. Topic that has given you re-occuring nightmares - thoughts of Colin’s Indio tack room

6. Person who posts for no reason but to see thei name in lights - hmmm… not sure

7. Best username - most definitely LordHelpUs

8. Most annoying username - I agree with the acronyms and numbers and PoStSlIkEtHiS.

9. Most inspirational poster - probably Reginapony

10. Poster in most need of visiting a sanitarium - I’ve already made arrangments for Colin, now just to get her to KY…

11. Poster whose threads you look most forward to reading - Colin, VT, Moesha,SU, those guys…

12. Poster who you want to come back as in your enxt life - Colin perhaps, has time to go to all the shows and still has fun!!

13. Poster who you most want to meet in person - the Mosby’s crowd

14. Clique that you most want to be a member of - I’m already in it

15. Poster whose horse you would jump in front of a train for - umm… have to say I would jump in front for Serengeti, hard to look past my baby,he’s been with me for too long

16. Poster that always puts you in a good mood - the Mosby’s crowd

17. Most Valuable Friend/s that you have gained as a result of this BB - when I went to KHP just for a small show and knew no one, the people that came from my barn I had never met, there was LordHelpUs, not only did she thank me for getting out of her way (no one had ever thanked me) but she was there when I rode. I can not explain to you guys how much that meant to me.

18. Most memorable event from the BB this year - swimming upstream with teh salmon again and going with 9/11

19. Poster who you want to "vote off the island - nope, I have issues with some members, but free speech, they are just as entitled to their opinion as I am to mine

20. Thing you would change most about the BB -

21. What you like best about the BB - that we can have funny moments, tell about our embarassing stories and all of that

22. Has any - one/thing/topic - changed the way you live? nah, but some of the college ones have made me feel better, as have the ones that discussed feeling stupid in front of other riders/trainers, and pointed out that i’m not the only one who’s been there

23. In general - how was 2001 for you? pretty good pretty good

null

marion

My treasures do not chink or glitter…They gleam in the sun and neigh in the night." -Bedouin Proverb

oooh,oooh, what a great idea Margaret!!

(yea, and I’m pretty sure it was all in fun, but given all the fragility around here these days, it wasn’t gonna stay that way, was it? )

Awwww but why that’s my horsey’s name!!! I think it’s a great name!

Catherine
~Unapproved Princess Clique~ Proud member of the DUMBELL CLIQUE
The perfect hunt horse should" 'Ave the 'ead of a duchess an the arse of a cook"
Bounce once if you believe in diagonals!
Calligula, a smart man! Appointed his horse as consul!
Look mommy!! He’s wearing bellbottoms!!(in reference to a clydesdale)