Unlimited access >

2021 Breedings - Post your pairings!

Good luck today! I don’t know much about this mare’s usual pattern since I only bought her a little over a year ago. So your guess is as good as mine!

Pablo x checkmate
Paparazzi x Jaguar

1 Like

Happy to share that we have a healthy heartbeat for a full sibling to my filly this year (pictured)!
E.H. Herzensdieb x Aurelia NSF (Windfall)

10 Likes

Congratulations, @Trak_Eventer!

Woohoo, congrats! That’s wonderful!

As suspected, Arielle isn’t in foal. Round two, here we go. We’re going to be more conservative on our hormones/timing this go-round so that she hopefully doesn’t jump the gun on us again. I’m also going to keep her home; she is just starting to settle down after being home for three weeks, and I don’t want to put her through the stress of traveling again.

good luck. @Montanas_Girl! It took 4 cycles to hit my mare correctly this year. Hope it works out!

1 Like

Gave Arielle Lutalyse Thursday night. Just checked her and she has a 32x34 follicle and 3 edema. :flushed::flushed:

They were literally just about to collect the stallion as I was calling them, but they will be getting a shipment out to me today anyway.

Whew. This mare. Now we just hope she holds out until early Wednesday morning when the vet comes back to inseminate. The vet left me a dose of Sucromate to give tonight, but part of me is afraid she’ll jump the gun on us again if I do! Ugh.

So much for our carefully mapped out plan for a Th/F breeding this week.

I’m so excited for my first time breeding! I bred a large pony BRP mare (family breeding) to Sir Wanabi and she had her 14 day check yesterday and is confirmed in foal!

Its been a bit of a stressful breeding and the vet had low hopes for the check yesterday. The mare did not take on the first try in June and she was given a hot shot and was re bred 2 weeks ago. She was flushed and given some antibiotics as a precaution this time and of course she went into heat on a weekend when fed ex doesn’t deliver. She was bred on the Friday and Saturday but did not ovulate until Sunday morning so vet was not very hopeful that she would take

Poor Sir Wanabi went into surgery not even a week after my mare was bred and he did not make it :frowning: His owner who was so good to me (collecting for me on his off day as of course both times I bred had to be on a weekend) is devastated on the loss of her beautiful boy and this was my last chance on breeding this mare. So I was super stressed and not very hopeful for this ultrasound yesterday. But I received a picture of the black dot and the vet called me so happy and surprised at lunch! I was over the moon!!

My goal is a small horse for the hunter ring and to play around with some pleasure and perhaps some combined driving with it :slight_smile:

Another check in 14 days for a heartbeat and then a long year to wait for my dream foal <3

9 Likes

Congratulations, @DiamondJubilee! It sounds like this foal was meant to be.

1 Like

My shipment got to Memphis at 12:47 am and is still sitting there. I’ve called three times and have had no luck getting it moving yet. Argh.

This was literally my mare this year. She was just all over the place! I hope it works out and you get her bred.

did you get it and get it in her in time?

It’s not here yet. I finally got it out of Memphis the third time I chewed out a customer service rep. It was flown to Knoxville, apparently, and has been sitting at a sorting facility there since about 7:30 last night. I’m about to call AGAIN - it’s only 100 miles from me at this point. The vet was supposed to be here now inseminating her, but he’s planning on 1:30 this afternoon now. I didn’t give her the Sucromate until 6 am yesterday, so hopefully that bought us some time.

Ugh. This is ridiculous.

This year I opted to have my shipment sent to a Fed-ex pickup location about 35 miles from me because I didn’t trust the Saturday delivery. This is the first time that everything went smoothly in that department. It arrived around 10 am Saturday morning and we put it in early that afternoon and then again Sunday. I think this will be my route every time in the future so that I don’t give myself another ulcer.

In hindsight, had we done that the last time we bred her (when the semen got to the local FedEx facility at 7 am and didn’t get delivered until 5 pm, after the mare had ovulated…), I could have saved myself a lot of trouble and money. This time, however, that wouldn’t help, because it’s not the delivery truck that’s the problem - it’s getting the shipment out of the sorting/hub locations.

Sheesh. I really hope she hangs on for us. If I miss an entire YEAR on this mare over this nonsense…

Good luck Montanas_Girl!

Congratulations, DiamondJubilee! Sir Wanabi was such a lovely stallion. I would have loved to have used him for my mare, if only they weren’t both WFFS carriers. Best of luck with your foal!

2 Likes

She held on! The vet had an emergency call and didn’t get here until after 7 pm. I felt physically ill, but then, there it was: a beautiful, soft, 38 mm follicle. Woo hoo! The follicle was starting to lose its shape, and her cervix was wide open, so I think we were spot on with our timing this time! Thank heavens. He’ll come back first thing in the morning to confirm that she ovulated.

Whew. I need a few dozen drinks now.

4 Likes

That is wonderful news!!! Hopefully things will go your way and in 15 days you will be able to report your own black dot. I hope you had those drinks last night!!

1 Like

Thank you, @cripplecreekfrm! She ovulated overnight, and everything looks great this morning - no signs of inflammation, minimal fluid, and the remaining dose of semen was still at 50% motility (72 hours after collection). So both the vet and I are feeling pretty optimistic about this one! No drinks last night, but I’m pretty sure I’ll be partaking tonight, now that I can breathe a little bit.

5 Likes