Unlimited access >

2021 Breedings - Post your pairings!

My mare is just over 2 months pregnant, out of the Connemara stallion W.H. Topgun! This baby already has a fan club of people looking forward to his or her arrival. The foal should be either a bay or buckskin.

I’m guessing on a buckskin colt with a star. I just have a feeling it will be a boy. But it’s still a long wait. My mare is of the opinion that she should get double rations because of her pregnancy. I told her she will have to wait.

4 Likes

LOL @4horses - I am jealous… mine is out on grass and overnight turnout (so 14-15 hrs out, 9-10 hrs in) and she thinks she doesn’t need any food besides grass, she comes in, ignores her food and lays down and passes out for hours. She needs her Magnesium and vit/min supplement!! And now she’s pregnant so I feel like she needs them more than ever, so this is giving me ulcers… lots of ulcers. I have been going out on my lunch hour to try feeding her “fresh” meals (when it’s been sitting out and getting mushy and the flies have been all over it she tends to turn her nose up at it), and that seems to work but then she’s not hungry at 4pm when they offer her PM meal… UGH!!! I would be SO much happier if she was ravenous!! :sob:

Arielle checked 14 days in foal this morning! Hallelujah! I really, really hope she doesn’t decide to go 379 days again this time around, but for now, I’m thrilled.

I guess she’s technically eating for three now; I’m sure she’ll be happy to hear that. Lol.

12 Likes

YESS!! That’s wonderful news! <3

1 Like

Congrats!!!

1 Like

YAY!!! FIANLLY!! So happy for you!!! I hope she doesn’t go 379 days for you ever again!

1 Like

We had a good 31-day scan/heartbeat check on Arielle yesterday! Yay for one more hurdle to check off the list. We’re going to try to sex the fetus next month. :smiley:

2 Likes

good luck @Montanas_Girl! I have never tried to sex the fetus because I always figured it would be better not to know than to know that I’m not getting what I wanted. :smiley:

2 Likes