Unlimited access >

2021: Sports Bra Redux

oh. tks

:joy:

1 Like

I mostly use the Cheatah Trotter bra. It flattens quite a bit and helps me look a tiny bit thinner. Definitely reduces bounce.
https://www.cheatasport.com/cheata-trotter-bra-469867

As a longtime Moving Comfort fan, I am very happy with the Knix Catalyst that I just got. I’ve ridden in it a few times and it does the rare mix of holding in place and minimizing size without completely flattening and giving what I like to refer to as the “centered uniboob”. Have definitely become a Knix convert in general!

Well since @RW06 piped in about their Knix I figured I’d give an update.

I wore the almost snot out of these and well my first impression were correct that they were a bit ‘too comfortable’ from the start. My concerns about the band size were valid and they were getting a bit gappy as well. BUT!! The highlight here is their return/exchange policy.

I did end up circumventing it just in case and ordered the size down as experiment as I did very much like the compression/overall bra itself and would need to get more anyway. Arrived yesterday and confirmed a better fit even to their point of being almost too tight at first. Exchange started for the first two bras purchased and I should be good to ride.

I will say I did not take advantage of their free sizing consultation and that may have helped. (or hurt since I measured even a SIZE LARGER than I first ordered and thought that nutty, ordered a size down and ended up even a size down from that so…)

For me at least the Knix catalyst (front zip and regular) compression/bounce is good, they are comfortable and not hot to wear, good coverage for those chilling morning rides and once size was dialed in I’m quite happy. Although still pricey as anything…

1 Like

Heyyyyy so while on vacation, we stopped at an outlet mall for lunch and a walk around (best Asian food in a while!) and I bought an impulse marked-down Under Armour bra.

You guys.

OK first of all I am not sure how to get it on so I just sorta flail into it, but it is comfy, not back-fat-bulge, and the boobies stay PUT. I both did the riding mower test and rode.

It’s this one. I’m ordering more.

https://www.underarmour.com/en-us/p/sports-bras/womens-ua-reflect-high-sports-bra/1362243.html

5 Likes

I tried multiple sizes of the Syrokan bra that is like the Wacoal, finally decided to go with my regular bra size despite their sizing guide saying to go up 2 cup sizes. I realized that these bras were very stretchy, and that using a bra extender until they stretched a bit was the way to go. Wore them probably 4-7 months and just stopped using the extender.

I have a couple of UAs that I like, including this one

https://www.underarmour.com/en-us/p/sports-bras/womens-ua-infinity-high-sports-bra/1351994.html?dwvar_1351994_color=001&start=12&breadCrumbLast=Sports%20Bras

Bonus that it comes in a color I think will work well under a white show shirt :joy:

Any tips on getting into it??

I get it over my head first and then poke my arms through and then then do up the back. When they are brand new I struggle to get the back done up myself so have DH do it. But over time the hooks get easier to do and I’m able to do it myself.

Hahaha ok see I get my arms in to the shoulders, then grab the straps and haul it over my head :rofl:

shefit or shock absorber ultra run work best for me (30f). sweaty betty ultra run pretty good but not quite as supportive. lululemon tata tamer or energy work ok if i size down.

1 Like

I would love to buy that bra. But I (and the OP) are B cups and they don’t make it in that size.

I’m a 38B and it’s hell to find a good high impact bra. Bought a couple Champion zip fronts and loved them, now they are not available in 40B (which fit me the best) but they are available last time I looked in 38B. They seem to run a little small.

@oldernewbie, have you tried sister sizing up to a 38C or 36D to give yourself more brand options? May or may not give you what you need, but for my body this works well to get into some trustworthy high impact options without having the sort of cleavage that makes a high impact of its own. :wink:

Agreed. 40B is a very unusual size. I just checked and even Title 9 does not carry them in high impact. But they do carry a lot in 38C…maybe that’s really the size that works in a good high impact bra.

That said, they do carry some bras in 40B:

I might try that the next time I shop. My issue with going to the next size cup is that 1) I am older, so the girls aren’t sitting up quite so high as before and 2) I just lost a lot of weight so there seems to be a lot of, um, slack. So my one experiment with going a bit larger in the cup meant there was a lot of flapping around. I even had that problem with the SheFit. So, a big rib cage and smaller and saggier (sigh!) breasts mean I need a lot of support in a smaller cup. There seems to be an assumption that those two things don’t go together.

Right now I have a fair selection of sports bras plus I bought one of those BooBuddy things to try.

Sorry if TMI :slight_smile:

Did you ever find a good fitting sports bra? My issues are similar to yours :joy:.

If you’re asking me as OP then yes! Once I got the sizing dialed in for the Knix Catalyst they are fab.

I have both the Catalyst’s (back closure and front zip) and like them both. Controls the bounce and supportive without be restrictive for me. They’ve worn well and wash up great. Pricey but worth it. I purchased some during their last sale blitz and have enough to wear for a week’s worth of rides before having to do laundry.

2 Likes

Yes, will look into the Knix Catalyst - I’m not a large size but really need the lift, does it provide any?